Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 02-21-2008, 07:52 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: White Buffalo, back in NJ !!

2 counties compared to how many though?...the county i hunt in has .1 per square mile...new jersey outnumbers the the new york herd
Old 02-21-2008, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen the nettingfootage on the news. It's a God awful sight. The deer are screaming as you described, and thrashing violently in the net with other deer.

There's only one word to describe it...disgrace.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

what a great organization[:'(]
Old 02-21-2008, 09:01 AM
Typical Buck

My general statement was basically the same as your generalized statement. .1 per square mile? Meaning it would take 10 square miles to find one deer? Doesn't sound right. But if it is, I'd find a new county.
ORIGINAL: Kamil

2 counties compared to how many though?...the county i hunt in has .1 per square mile...new jersey outnumbers the the new york herd
Old 02-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: pigiron

I've seen the nettingfootage on the news. It's a God awful sight. The deer are screaming as you described, and thrashing violently in the net with other deer.

There's only one word to describe it...disgrace.
They let that happen in the US?

It is illegal here for a good reason, im really suprised at that.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:30 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

DropTine,
you are 100% correct when you speak about how the folks here in NJ generally see hunters. They look at us like some strange weirdos who
get off hurting animals. I have been so frustrated searching for permission to hunt around here! I moved here from PA where it was so much easier.
I have heard of white buffalo and some of the towns near here have used them also. They call it net and bolt around here. And most of these anti hunting people around here would rather have this "population control" conducted, then allow hunters to come and ethically keep the numbers down.
I have to tell you this funny story. 2 years ago, I had to pick up my son at the elementary school... 3:00... then I was off for an afternoon hunt, so to save time... I am in my camo base layer.... and waiting outside the school for him to come out...
a bunch of moms was all nervous about me standing there, so they went and got the principal... who approached me and asked me what I wanted and why I was there. I said I was picking up my son.... she saidare you from out of town? maybe an uncle visiting from out of state?... I said , " no lady' I am from right up the street... I come here everyday.
But I could tell she did not believe me. She asked his name, my name, and then asked me if I was in the national guard. I told her no.... I am a hunter... well... you should have seen the look of disgust on her face.
But I am sure she was pretty much ok with white buffalo being down the street at night doing the old net & bolt "controlled hunt" as they call it.
Keep the faith friends.
DW