Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Workout

Old 02-21-2008, 07:17 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Workout

I try to run a couple of miles a day, but for sure everyother day I'll do a couple.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:17 AM

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

I hear ya WV, I racked my body in my 20s ... Bench pressing 380lbs at a body weight of 180 lbs, way too much weight for a man that size. Shoulder shrugging 600 lbs, and then I got into body building and the dieting of that killed me!! I went from 20% body fat as a power lifter to 5% as a body builder in less than 2 years!! one extreme to another..My body is hurting everyday, please tell all you know, do not power lift it is not a good thing for the body!!
Holy Hell! 380 at 180....naturally?
Old 02-21-2008, 07:19 AM

yeh, all natural, just a lot of food and heavy lifting, never took any roids, thought about many times, but never did it.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

yeh, all natural, just a lot of food and heavy lifting, never took any roids, thought about many times, but never did it.
Very impressive. Power lifting is a killer on your joints! I was never a "power" lifter but lift heavy when I want to bulk up. I am getting into archery/bowhunting a lot now, so heavy lifting is put on hold for that reason.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:29 AM

Heavy lifting is not good for you. Im almost 33 yrs old and I feel much older b/c of it. I wish I never started it. It doesn't mean a hill of beans now what I did back then in the gym, my joints are a constant reminder of those days.[&o]
Old 02-21-2008, 07:36 AM

LOL. I hear you. It goes away quick and you look back and say...was it worth it. I used to work out 5-6 days a week in my early 20's when I was in Jiu-Jitsu and trying to impress girls. I'm only 29, but I now only work out 2-4 days to maintain and stay inshape and that's enough. It isn't my lifestyle anymore. You know what a hassle that is.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

i lift weights 3-4 times a week......but its not for hunting
Old 02-21-2008, 09:09 AM
Banned

Here is my workout schedule:

Monday - Heavy weights (upper body) for an hour, then run fast mile (6:30 min), then I take a brutal "Sports Conditioning" class that works the entire body.
Tuesday - Run 2 - 3 miles, then I box for a couple of hours.
Wednesday - Repeat Monday workout
Thursday - Repeat Tuesday workout
Friday - Off
Saturday - Either heavy weights (upper body) or I run 3 miles, which ever I'm in the mood for.
Sunday - Off

Old 02-21-2008, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Three to four days a week in the gym (basement) 3 days a week cardio. us old timers gotta do something to keep up with you youngins
aint that the truth, Danny boy!
Old 02-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Typical Buck

I guess that would make me the David Wells of bowhunting??
Southdakotahunter
you will need to pick someone else to be as david wells is the david Wells of bowhunting. He is a bowhunting fanatic.

Quick Reply: Workout

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.