Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If you could....

Old 02-23-2008, 03:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: If you could....

The only thing I would change if I could would be the timing of my decision to change the angle of my stand while hunting in Alberta. When you get dropped off (via quad)at your stand site in the dark you climb the tree steps and set your stand, I was using a LW Assault. When it got light onthe 2nd morning,I thought that I needed to turn the stand to the right just a bit to have the best view and shooting lanes. I thought I'd wait until around 9:30AM to do this.
Talk about timing! When I was hanging my bow toturn the stand I hear a loud rustling in a thicket to my left, I turn to see anice 150'' 10pt spin around and bolt the way it had come. If only I'd have waited a while longer to move that stand.[:@]Oh well, there's always '08.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

honestly i had a great season for what i had to work with this year, the only thing that went wrong was my shot at the coyote that i just grazed 30 min before i killed my buck, almost doubled. If only i had that shot back [&o]
Old 02-23-2008, 08:44 PM

I, too, had a great season. Got my first wild turkey with a bow. Shot two mule deer bucks, both 5 X 5's - one is just barelyabove the Pope and Young minimum. Did not, however, get an antelope. I know spot and stalk goat hunting is difficult . . . . but I would have gotten it done twice if I had just kept the laser rangefinder around my neck instead of in the pack. Had two chances where I underestimated the distance by four or five yards - just enough to cause a very low hit in one instance and a near miss in another - at about 65 yards.