Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Bow Hunting DEER (Buck or Doe)
89.19%
Rifle Hunting DEER (Buck or Doe)
10.81%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

What do you think is more challenging?

Old 02-20-2008, 06:24 PM

Default What do you think is more challenging?

The (boy some bow hunters make me angy) post got me thinking. What do you think is more of a challenging. I dont want any arguments, Just what do you think. I think Bow hunting would be because you have to have them close,you have to draw (lot more movement) And the deer have a little time to duck the arrow at a little longer yardeges. (lets say 35 On out)
Old 02-20-2008, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What do you think is more challenging?

oh no...
Old 02-20-2008, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

bow
Old 02-20-2008, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

bow hunting is more challenging . you have to be a lot closer and your weapon isn't always loaded ready to go . you have to draw it back and hold it
Old 02-20-2008, 06:30 PM

I think bowhunting is harder because you have to call the deer in closer,and it is a lot harder to hit them with a bow.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:31 PM

I think both would be relatively easy to kill either a buck or doe over the course of a season with no size requirements. It aint rocket science, and small bucks are a dime a dozen around here. I couldn't count the number of shot opportunites i had over the course of last season at small bucks and does.

Each has there own set of challenges.

If i had money riding on killing a deer in one season, lets just say I'd rather have 4.5 months to pull it off with bow in hand, than <2 weeks with a gun.

Dontcha think the poll will be JUST a bit biased asking it in the BOWhunting forum as well?
Old 02-20-2008, 06:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you bow hunted my spots, and gun hunted new england....you'd have a LOT easier time and much more success with the bow.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:33 PM

It is not even close, bow hunting!!
Old 02-20-2008, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

there really should be no contest i dont see how in this world gun hunting could be more of a challenge than bow, i do both, i can fill my tags with a gun, i shot a spike with my bow
Old 02-20-2008, 06:41 PM

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

I think both would be relatively easy to kill either a buck or doe over the course of a season with no size requirements. It aint rocket science, and small bucks are a dime a dozen around here. I couldn't count the number of shot opportunites i had over the course of last season at small bucks and does.

Each has there own set of challenges.

If i had money riding on killing a deer in one season, lets just say I'd rather have 4.5 months to pull it off with bow in hand, than <2 weeks with a gun.

Dontcha think the poll will be JUST a bit biased asking it in the BOWhunting forum as well?
Most people on here do both

Quick Reply: What do you think is more challenging?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.