Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What chrono?

Old 02-20-2008, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default What chrono?

What chronos do you guys have? I'm slowly piling up the necessary items for my home shop and chrono is next on the list. I just got my 3rd axis vise and a levels kit from HTM, and now I still need to get the press, chrono, and I really want that easton handheld digital scale that maps draw curve, peak, and holding weights.

So what chrono do you have, how much did it cost, and why do you like it? Also, I have a tripod for it already, so I don't need that included.

Now all I need is a bench.........lol. I bought a new miter saw today on clearance that has some great reviews for home project type users, andI should be able to use for this project (told her it was for the new baseboards and crown molding [8D]).I gotta get the walls painted in the basement first, butI'm hoping to start building the actual shop and bench setup by sometime mid March, and I'm hoping to have most of these accessories by then.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:24 AM

Default RE: What chrono?

Hey RJ if your looking for a cheap bench look for someone throwing out an old countertop. It works great. I used one for my shop when I had my house (DAMN EX-Wife)

But to your question, I think you can get a good Chrono for about $150 or so unless you want the high end archery one put out by easton, then your talking some big bucks, But very nice to use.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

109.00 for the Chrono Pro/Pro Chrono..
Old 02-20-2008, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rick James
Now all I need is a bench.........lol. I bought a new miter saw today on clearance that has some great reviews for home project type users, andI should be able to use for this project (told her it was for the new baseboards and crown molding [8D]).I gotta get the walls painted in the basement first, butI'm hoping to start building the actual shop and bench setup by sometime mid March, and I'm hoping to have most of these accessories by then.
A solid core wood door works great also... there's a lot of those that get torn our and replaced all the time.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:27 AM
Dominant Buck

I'll be watching this one intently.

I bought a new miter saw today on clearance that has some great reviews for home project type users, andI should be able to use for this project (told her it was for the new baseboards and crown molding [8D]).
Hope it's a compund mitre
Old 02-20-2008, 11:28 AM

RJ,

The only one I have used, and you are probably used this one before is the ProChrono from Competition Electronics.

Here is the LAS link:

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=46_213&products_id=2130 &osCsid=26bf330cf790cd28f04da8cdabef9c48

From what I have used it, it seems to be accurate. I am sure others might have more "vital" information about chronos and such.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PA Hardwoods

Hey RJ if your looking for a cheap bench look for someone throwing out an old countertop. It works great. I used one for my shop when I had my house (DAMN EX-Wife)
Yeah, already thought about that. Just closed on the house yesterday (finally) and I've already got the $$$ to completely gut the kitchen. I'm thinking of reusing the countertops down there like this, and even building in a shop sink into the existing hole in it. I may use plywood when I first build just so I have a shop bench until the kitchen is gutted, but I can promise when this thing is done it's gonna be the coolest home shop around. I've already got a couch down there to sleep on when Lisa gets sick of me. All I need now is a beer fridge and I'm set. [8D]
Old 02-20-2008, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can get add on's for it.i.e printer...
Old 02-20-2008, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the pro chrono and like it a lot. I have a setup like the one in the picture and it comes in handy for adjusting the height when shooting up close or when putting next to the target to get "down range" speeds.

It may be a little cheaper here: Ye Olde Archery Shoppe

ProChrono Digital Chronograph

Measure the velocities for your rifle/pistol bullets, arrows, shotguns and pellet guns - at a price anyone can afford. ProChrono Plus features an expanded shooting area that's nearly two times the size of comparably priced models. Measures velocities from 56 to 9,999 feet per second and runs on a single 9-volt battery. Shoot in all weather since this chronograph operates in temperatures as low as 32° and as high as 100° Fahrenheit. Has all of the features you'd expect in a chronograph costing much more. Allows you to review 50 shots with power-down memory (review at home), high and low velocity settings, standard deviation, number of shots, average velocity, deletes current velocity and even has a printer interface so you can hook it to a printer to get a hard copy of the data. Shows metric or FPS scales and features durable plastic diffusers.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I'll be watching this one intently.

I bought a new miter saw today on clearance that has some great reviews for home project type users, andI should be able to use for this project (told her it was for the new baseboards and crown molding [8D]).
Hope it's a compund mitre
Hmmm. Maybe I'll make up a post that follows the work down there and progress with the shop coming together.

And yes, it's a compound miter saw. And is it mitre, or miter?

Anyhow, I got the 10" laser guide unit thatRyobi sells sells at HD. It normally sells at $149, but is on clearance now for $99 because it's discontinued. I know it's not a high end unitand is only 10", but it's got 30+ rave reviews on their site and nothing negative really. A few reviews said this thing has the nuts to zip througha pressure treated 4x4, and will also cut a 2x6 which is plenty for what I needat the house, and I love the idea of a laser used to show the actual cut. I love power tools and can't wait to start building.......[8D].

Quick Reply: What chrono?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.