Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Eight year hiatus -- a little help please

Old 02-20-2008, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Eight year hiatus -- a little help please

Jwargo,
I also came back into the sport after a long hiatus and I would definitely recommend that you include Bowtech in your search. A lot of water has went under the bowhunting technology bridge in the last few years. Shoot everything you can get your hands on. Talk to everyone that you can trust.

With that said, this is a Bowtech heavy forum. Part of the reason thatI purchased a Bowtech was because the Bowtech people on this forum were crazy helpful in my search for a bow. You would be doing yourself an injustice by purchasing a bow and not considering Bowtech's offerings.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

i say just shoot whatever fells the best to you....accuracy depends on the archer a lot more than the bow they shoot
Old 02-20-2008, 10:10 AM

jwargo, the speed bows are 82nd Airborne, PSE Xforce, High Country Iron Mace, and the Black Mamba by APA. I have the Xforce and i shoot 309 fps with a 26" draw!! It's fast, but hard to shoot at first, but once you get the hang of, it is awesome!!
Old 02-20-2008, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome back.

You've got a lot of good bows listed there... obviously what we all differs quite a bit. My suggestion is to forget about the names and shoot the one that feels the very best to you.

Pretty much all the bows today are plenty fast with just about any draw length. Personally I shoot a Hoyt and a Bowtech... different bows and I like them for different reasons.

This is one scenario where you live by the "if it feels good, do it" theory.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome back! I would recommend you check out BowTech & Hoyt. I am a Bowech shooter & love my bow. They make a very fast bow.
Take into consideration the type of hunting you do before you buy any bow.I hunt from a ground blind alot, so I bought the BowTech Tribute. The tribute was everything I was looking for in one short package.

Good luck & welcome back,

WK
Old 02-20-2008, 03:01 PM

Thanks for the input. Just got back from the local pro shop-shot the Drenalin and Katera. Both felt very nice. What Bowtech/Diamond should I check out with my 27" draw? What's the word on the 82nd? I got into the speed game way back when- just messing around with the pro shop guys. That Zmax was the fastest thing around back then. PS - I, or it, didn't shoot it for $hit. I could shoot my old Browning Mirage pretty well though. Trying not to fall into that trap again. I'm assuming the new speed bows more forgiving. I plan to stand hunt with this bow and do some video shooting for practice in the offseason.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:09 PM

BOWTECH, 82nd AIRBORNE

Might want to check these out but get what feels best to you.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:23 PM
Typical Buck

For bowtech check out the General I shot one and it is a great bow. I have also heard alot about the Airbornes but have not shot oneyet. For Diamond I have a Black Ice and love it also check out the Marquis it is also agreatbow.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jwargo

Any thoughts on the Bowtechs?? Should I make a trip to check them out? Don't think they were even around when I bought my last bow.
Take a good look at the bowtechs. They are allawsome. I personally liked the 101st forthe speed and itis a smoothshooter IMO. If your wanting something that is very smoothand very forgiving take a look and the general andguardian. They are very nice. Shoot a bunch bows and pick the one that fits you the best. Report back here when you get one and post some pics of it!
Old 02-20-2008, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hunter Dan7

BOWTECH, 82nd AIRBORNE

Might want to check these out but get what feels best to you.
Dang, i wonder what kind of bow dan likes?

Quick Reply: Eight year hiatus -- a little help please

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.