Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you be in favor of...

Old 02-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Would you be in favor of...

1. NC

2. Yeah I'd be all for it. I'd be all for having to shoot 2 or 3 before you got a buck tag. To "ME".....there's more to it than what the hunter "wants". We have a population problem in portions of NC. I know this is also a double edged sword. See.....the NCWRC doesn't actually care what the sex of the deer being killed is......as long as it's being killed. Telling some hunters they had to kill does might honestly drive them away from hunting. I believe that 100%.

To "ME"......it's simply orresponsible to know this (pop problem).....and still only take bucks.

Yes. I used to be part of the problem.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:46 PM
Typical Buck

Mississippi,
I would not have a problem with it.
chris
Old 02-19-2008, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

wis. has eab. in some areas of high population. I don't mind it if they allow you to carry your era forward to the next year. That way you can start the season out shooting whatever you choose.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

[/align]
New York State
I would definitely be for it.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

1. What state do you live in? NY
2. Would you be for or against a "earn a buck" tag. (meaning you have to harvest and check in a doe before you can recieve a buck tag) Against ... I would rather see a more strict antler restriction
Old 02-19-2008, 02:00 PM
Typical Buck

1. Illinois
2. YES!!! If we want to start better controling the deer herd, especially here in southern Illinois, make EVERYONE who wants to or pays to kill a buck kill a doe.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:03 PM
Fork Horn

KANSAS
**** NO!

in kansas city i think they could consider it. there would be no point in most other areas. most people around any "hickville" shoot anything that moves anyways, doe or buck, it all evens out.

i would possibly consider being for an antler restriction to allow the bucks to grow past 2 years old. the only problem with that is i admire anyone who hunts for meat and not to say "my buck is bigger than yours." the whole management thing should be on individuals decide and the state to suggest what should be done.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony
2. Would you be for or against a "earn a buck" tag. (meaning you have to harvest and check in a doe before you can recieve a buck tag) Against ... I would rather see a more strict antler restriction
Minnesota, and I agree with PT.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rhode Island
we have a earn a buck on your second tag. in other words you need to check in 2 does then they will let you buy another either sex tag
Old 02-19-2008, 02:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Tx
No, there is ample opportunity to kill does here and many do. We have a long season and liberal bag limits. The antler restrictions in place in many parts of the state are working.

Quick Reply: Would you be in favor of...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.