Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Barry Bonds--Bowhunter

Old 02-20-2008, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Barry Bonds--Bowhunter

I assume this is a prelude to another jock hunting with Lee and Tiffany in a slap stick comedy act hunting show
to each his own, right?

so much hate on the guy, so much for having a little faith in our common hunter
Old 02-20-2008, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Barry Bonds does little or nothing to help people like him. He is his own worst enemy and always has been. If he does take up bowhunting I'm sure he will become a more humble likable person.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Typical Buck

haha is it illigal to use steroids in the sport of hunting? (Kidding!) I'm glad that he found something that he is passionate about other than baseball.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Spike

Hi all. I was talking to a close friend from So Cal who was telling me today about Barry Bonds and archery. I found your site when doing a search on Bonds and Archery, after we got to talking about him.

My friend shoots targets and 3D just north of Los Angeles, and the last couple weekends he says Barry has been out there shooting at his club and he's gotten to know him a bit. I personally share the opinion of Bonds most of you have of him, my friend says he seems nice though.

He was telling me Bonds has been shooting a Mathews (sp) bow as they are trying to get him to host some bowhunting show on one of the cable channels, and Mathews is sponsoring it. He just bought a new Elite GTO (I'm not familiar with the brand, been years since I shot a compound) and supposedly really he loves it. Anyway, my friend says Barry is pretty obsessed with archery, even has his hillside above his house in Beverly Hills set up with 3D targets and shoots about 100 arrows a day.

That's about all I know, but I guess he's into the sport as you have all been talking about.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

id say the moral is the only reason their telling it... i mean come on, could you see barry bonds sitting in a tree stand
Old 03-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Fork Horn

got to be Bo.... barry isnt much of a people person, i cant see him talking to lee and tiffany about his love for bow hunting and the end of his ball career. but an end to his ball career would be good for baseball ...... oh yeah and go tigers hopefully they have paid enough to return to the fall classic