Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Mathews DXT
34.41%
Hoyt Katera
25.81%
other (list the bow and why)
39.78%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

I want to hear from everyone!

Old 02-24-2008, 06:11 PM

Default RE: I want to hear from everyone!

I am a mathews shooter. I have shot the dxt i really liked it but its to short for me i am going to go with w/ the drelin ld i love it. my father is a hoyt man he has not been happy with his last 3 hoyts he owed. he bought the vetrix last year shot it for 1mo then traded for a hoyt protec he loves it.
a bow can be to short (dxt) and have to short of brace height (katera). the best bow ive owed was the switchback xt it had a 71/2 brace height

Old 02-24-2008, 06:30 PM

I normally am a Bowtech shooter this year I thought I'd buy the Katera but since my good friend got to it before I did I had the chance to watch and observe personally how it shot. All I have to say is I'm not impressed. Very nice bow, quiet, mostly shock free but the thing I didn't like about it is it shot considerable slower than I expected. His setup should be shootin atleast 280-285 but instead its shooting around 255. I was blown away, also there seems to be a problem with string stretch not bad but yea. So I'd say you should go with an 82nd airborne. I shoot it every time I go to my local proshop and I am convinced that would be the next bow for me but for you it depends how you like it but whats not to like! As for the mathews I heard they are smooth shooters but if your gonna spend 800 bucks gets some power behind it... like maybe 350fps!
Old 02-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

All depends on what you want to do with it. Long axle to axle, speed, and light weight was important to me. I ended up with the 101, but know that this is not the bow for everyone. I shot in a 3D competition for the first time ever 2 weeks ago. I was surrounded by the Hoyt lovers everywhere (yes, I had one and enjoyed it for several years, but it wasn't for me anymore when I found my love). I can tell you that we had a ping pong ball competition before the shoot at 43 yards and I took their jack$$$$. One for team bowtech!
Old 02-24-2008, 07:12 PM

Thata boy niehenke I beat a katera in a technohunt the other day. 2 for team bowtech!