Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do any of you have a older bow that you can't part with?

Old 02-19-2008, 12:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Do any of you have a older bow that you can't part with?

How many of you have a older bow that you spent a lot of time with and created a lot of memories and just can't seem to part with?

I do Ican never get rid of my 1991 Golden Eagle Formula 3-D. I killed my first bullelk with that bow as well as several other elk and afew deer. It still hangs on my wall, and a flood of memories come back to mewhen I shoot it, which seems about once a year at most.I admit itsa heavy heavy bow,withsome very noticeablehand shock and its slower than my grandma compared to todays bows.I have tried to sell it and have hadoffers for it but I have never been able to let it go. Its fully set up with a dozenarrows all its own, yet I don't use it for hunting anymore, not even as a backup. Not thatit couldn't be used again. Its in goodshape overall andif I had to I know I could use it tokill a elk again.But its seems better haning on my wall as decoration and memorabilla.I know its just another bow, andbut dang its special, almost priceless to me. Many years from now I hope to be able to show it to my grandkids and say my first archery bull elk was taken with that bow!
Old 02-19-2008, 01:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do any of you have a older bow that you can't part with?

Yes, I have an old PSE Carrol Intruder that I still hunt with on occasion. Absolutely love that old bow. Killed two of my biggest bucks with that thing. Like you said, it's heavier than a sack of taters but also very forgiving. I've had that bow for so long that I believe I'm on the thirds set of limbs on that thing. Killed quite a few deer with that thing and will never part with it.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:31 AM
Site Buck Guru

Still have my first compound, an early '80s model.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:33 AM
Site Buck Guru

I still have this '65 or '66 Indian bow also.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:22 AM
Dominant Buck

NOPE, I gave it away last year. I decided it was stupid to hold onto it. I posted a blurb on AT and ask for reasons why they should be given a bow and full set up free. It was a PSE SR1000 fully loaded with new strings and cables and a dozen matching arrows. I received about 20 PMs and picked the one I thought was most special.I kept it all off the boards except the initial posting. Mailed the bow and stuff off within a week to a happy home. It was for this kids father. I now just keep one back up.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:43 AM

Trying to sell it now. look at signiture.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:45 AM

Yep. A couple, in fact. The first bow I ever owned was a Bear Whitetail Hunter, it hangs on my bedroom wall at my parent's house. I was 12 y/o at the time, and the bow was taller than I .....Never shot anything with it. I keep her around cause she was my first...

I also have a ProLine Riptide. This is one awesome shooting bow. Killed my first archery deer w/ that bow. It's still in service, my dad shoots it. It's loud, but fast. Great shooter.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

David, What are ya shooting now..I can come up with a great sob story..[8D]

I kid, that is so cool...truly, a great gesture! Hope he is enjoying it!
Old 02-19-2008, 05:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Gra8, I call him a kid because I'm older than his dad. The kid was 24 or something like that. His dad wanted to get into bow hunting with him but they couldn't afford to spend the money for a new bow. He'd been out of work for a long time. When he surprised his dad with the bow his dad went all blubbery. Couldn't believe a total stranger would do something like that. He practiced hard but last I knew did not get a deer last year, as of Dec 07. I lost track of him now. They were from PA.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sure do. Its actually an old Hoyt stored at my brother-in-laws I killed my 1st deer with it and alot of them after that! So it hangs around!

Quick Reply: Do any of you have a older bow that you can't part with?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.