Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Peep Tubing........

Old 02-19-2008, 01:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Peep Tubing........

I hunted 80's and rain in IL., and then 0 degrees and snow in NE. my peep never failed to be where I needed it. I have no problem with anyone who wants to use a tube, but you will never find one on my Bow. I have no concern about my peep not being inline when I need it. I shoot in a variety of conditions year round and I have total confidence in it.

Dan
Old 02-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Peep tubing adds additional noise, slows down your arrow by 6-10 fps according to Bowtech, and with these high quality no stretch no creep strings; are simply not necessary. They went out with the new millenium.
I guess it could be louder but I really couldn't tell the difference shooting it with or without a tube on and I know for sure the deer I killed over theyears couldn't tell either.As far as speed loss, I wouldn't take ANY bow companies word for how it will effect YOUR bow. I guarantee you I can set a bow up with a tubed peep that would rob close to 20fps if I wanted to but lets get real here. In reality, I chrono'd mine with and without the tube...I lost between 4-6fps, again nothing to get alarmed about unless your a speed junkie.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:08 PM
Dominant Buck

You probably couldn't hear it over the WB, John!

[8D]

(now we're even)
Old 02-19-2008, 02:09 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

I hunted 80's and rain in IL., and then 0 degrees and snow in NE. my peep never failed to be where I needed it. I have no problem with anyone who wants to use a tube, but you will never find one on my Bow. I have no concern about my peep not being inline when I need it. I shoot in a variety of conditions year round and I have total confidence in it.

Dan
Good for youDan but that doesn't stop physics from happening.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

You probably couldn't hear it over the WB, John!

[8D]

(now we're even)
LOL!

I was actually thinking you would use that against me. I was hoping you'd forgot about that post..........I was wrong.

Oh.....it's on!

Old 02-19-2008, 02:18 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: trailinone

BigJ,
I am all for the tube. I hunted one year without it and had a doe within range and could not get the shot due to my peep being twisted. How does the tube slow down the speed? Is it the extra wind it is catching or the weight?
chris
Yeah, that and the extra weight on the string. will slow it down some.

It's funny because back when bows were just breaking the 200fps mark (and we thought THAT was fast) we were using brass nocks and all kinds of heavy crap on our strings, yet deer were getting killed back then too. How did we ever manage.

Change it often, don't wait for it to star cracking then wonder why it broke! I change mine twice a year whether it needs it or not. Once before hunting season and once after.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

As someone stated, if anyone wants to use a tube on their peep, go for it, it doesn't affect my hunting at all.

I have not had a tube on my bow since the 90's and I've never had failure as far as my peep coming around neither hunting, nor 3D'n....I'll likely never have another tube again.

If you want to use one, good for you, not for me.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:47 PM
Site Bouncer

Ok, I didn't start this to find out who shoots a tubed peep and who doesn't although I did help it down that road[&:]. I too really don't care what you use, as long as you have fun it's all good.

My original question was why do so many TV hunters use a tubed peep? It seemed like every show I watched, the bow hunter had a tube on the peep. I was just in Bass Pro Shops last weekend and I was walking through the archery department. They had a tape on one of the many monitors above the displays of a bow hunt in progress. I stopped to watch it for a while (couldn't tell you who it was) and sure enough the guy in the film was also using a tubed peep.

Just something I observed and was curious about.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

Ok, I didn't start this to find out who shoots a tubed peep and who doesn't although I did help it down that road[&:]. I too really don't care what you use, as long as you have fun it's all good.

My original question was why do so many TV hunters use a tubed peep? It seemed like every show I watched, the bow hunter had a tube on the peep. I was just in Bass Pro Shops last weekend and I was walking through the archery department. They had a tape on one of the many monitors above the displays of a bow hunt in progress. I stopped to watch it for a while (couldn't tell you who it was) and sure enough the guy in the film was also using a tubed peep.

I think Greg answered your question.

Dan
Old 02-19-2008, 04:19 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

I think Greg answered your question.

Dan
Dan......

Above in bold was my question.

I don't think most of the t.v. hunters could hold a candle to the most knowledgeable bowyers in this forum. [8D]
Above in quotations is Greg's answer.

While I agree with his statement I don't quite think it completely answers my question now does it??

Plus this question was posed to the whole HNI community and not just one member. If you don't want to participate in the discussion (other than your snide snippets)I suggestyou just post about another topic on another thread and leave mine be.

I already understand your position even though you didn'taddress the original question either, you don't liketubed peeps, ok I get it.Then just let usmouth breathing cretins discuss the subject whilst we move about thesub level caverns of this forumwith the hopeto get a fleeting ray of your vast bow hunting knowledge from atopyour steely stallionon a different topic on another day.

Quick Reply: Peep Tubing........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.