Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Peep Tubing........

Old 02-19-2008, 08:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Peep Tubing........

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

I don't think most of the t.v. hunters could hold a candle to the most knowledgeable bowyers in this forum. [8D]
Kind of what I figured

Tubed Peep??

Not for me![8D]

Dan
Old 02-19-2008, 08:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Unlike TV hunters, I'm not paid to use specific pieces of gear so I can use what I like and works best for me.

Frankly, with the kind of results I got with tubing peeps on the target range, I'd never put one ona hunting bow. All that rubber tubingmaking noise at the shot? No way to silence a bow properly with all that stuff flapping around.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:56 AM
Banned

Peep tubing adds additional noise, slows down your arrow by 6-10 fps according to Bowtech, and with these high quality no stretch no creep strings; are simply not necessary. They went out with the new millenium.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Peep tubing adds additional noise, slows down your arrow by 6-10 fps according to Bowtech, and with these high quality no stretch no creep strings; are simply not necessary. They went out with the new millenium.
I have seen it slow a bow down up to 12 to 15 fps.

Dan
Old 02-19-2008, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I put a tube on last year for all of the reasons you listed, but after however many shots it started to crack and eventually broke. I also had it catch on brush.

As far as peep alignment goes, you have to be careful the first couple hundred shots off a string for stretch and twist, but after that they generally are pretty consistent. I also check it when I put my arrow on the string. I don't know, just what I am used to and what I like I guess.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont really like tubing for all the reasons already mentioned but using it is no travesty. We all have 'band-aids' on our equipment (do you really have the perfect setup that cannot ever be improved on?). I used tubing for the last year, its still on my bow actually. With the string I had on it, I needed it. Now, I will be getting a new, better, string and should be able to avoid using it. It is slightly louder, and you have to be a little more careful with brush snagging. I havent crono'ed the difference but it is noticable (part of the reason I am thinking about removing the whole peep which slows it down too). I didnt have a problem with it breaking at a bad time as I replaced it regulary around bow season time.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know that the tubing that comes with some peeps is cheap junk. Eastman is one that uses thin walled tubing that you can't trust. Most decent bow shops sell a better grade of replacement tubing.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:44 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: dabowhunter

I know that the tubing that comes with some peeps is cheap junk. Eastman is one that uses thin walled tubing that you can't trust. Most decent bow shops sell a better grade of replacement tubing.
That's a fact there. Some tubing is better than others by far.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:48 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I have to ask a different question.

If you're masking the fact that you have inferior strings and cables on your bow by adding a tube to your peep......aren't you putting a band aid on a much bigger issue?

Why not just get yourself a quality set of strings and cables and alleviate a problem waiting to happen?

It's JUST as fair a question.....isn't it?
Fair question.....

The answer is simple......Even the best quality and constructed strings will creep. No matter how many shots are through it, that's just a fact. Weather conditions a temperature changes will effect almost any material on earth, why would you think it wouldn't effect a bow string?
Old 02-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Typical Buck

BigJ,
I am all for the tube. I hunted one year without it and had a doe within range and could not get the shot due to my peep being twisted. How does the tube slow down the speed? Is it the extra wind it is catching or the weight?
chris

Quick Reply: Peep Tubing........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.