Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Peep Tubing........

Old 02-19-2008, 02:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Peep Tubing........

Is there a tubing material that is quieter and longer lasting than the standard rubber tubing?
Old 02-19-2008, 03:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't used a peep sight in two years. I got tired of it creeping and blocking my view. Luckily my five bow kills over the past two years have been twenty yards or less, so not using a peep sight probably didn't effect me that much....but my accuracy with a peep sight out past 30 yards improves alot when I have use a peep....I am still thinking about putting one back on next year, and making sure I am doing it the right way.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:27 AM
Site Buck Guru

If you are a newbie or don't know what to do, use a peep with a tube. Even if you are experienced and just plain like peeps with tubes, knock yourself out.

I haven't used peep tubing for the last 12 years. I like the adjustable peeps from SAP.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:48 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Geronimo

Is there a tubing material that is quieter and longer lasting than the standard rubber tubing?
There is a silicone rubber tubing that holds up longer than standard rubber.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:52 AM
Dominant Buck

I have to ask a different question.

If you're masking the fact that you have inferior strings and cables on your bow by adding a tube to your peep......aren't you putting a band aid on a much bigger issue?

Why not just get yourself a quality set of strings and cables and alleviate a problem waiting to happen?

It's JUST as fair a question.....isn't it?
Old 02-19-2008, 07:25 AM

Tried it one year and really liked it until a late December bowhunt when out of the blue it wouldnt fully turn for me on a doe. Redrew, still wouldnt turn. Back to the peep tubing.

ORIGINAL: GMMAT
Why not just get yourself a quality set of strings and cables and alleviate a problem waiting to happen?
I dont think it matters what kind of strings you have, there IS a possibility of it not turning, dont care if it is once out of 10,00 draws. With tubing, it ALWAYS aligns. Take some time to change it out twice a year and you'll never have an issue.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:33 AM

I don't like the tube. [:'(]

To each their own.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Just asking.....

If you tie your peep in and shoot it a few times to train it........AND you align your d-loop with your peep..........with a quality set of strings......what can happen?

I've had issues if I was shooting with a new peep......but not one that has been in a GOOD set of strings for a while.

NOTHING wrong with a tube. But it's just something else to break in my mind.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really don't care about cosmetics, I care about getting the job done. I use a peep with tubing, just replace it occasionally and you won't have to play with it. To each their own. I have better things to do.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

i have used both.....and i like them both about equally

Quick Reply: Peep Tubing........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.