Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

10 reasons why I only use one stand all year

Old 02-18-2008, 05:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: 10 reasons why I only use one stand all year

Don...

Dig up that itenerary you go through to set this thing up safely. You posted it last year and I aged 4 years and burned off 6 lbs justreading it. I can't imagine going through that every hunt....lol.

I'm sure you have a system down.....but I wish you'd re-print it for us.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Typical Buck

i never find it hard to find a tree for my climber...even in the dark..well maybe thats just me...branches aren't so much of a hassle
Old 02-18-2008, 05:04 PM

i do the same, but i'm on the ground
Old 02-18-2008, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ha Ha , I thought you was going to say because you live in NM now, and could only find 10 trees to hang it in .
Old 02-18-2008, 05:21 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

Ha Ha , I thought you was going to say because you live in NM now, and could only find 10 trees to hang it in .
Here is some NM pics for you. Where do you think the biggest elk in the world are; certainly not MI. Touche.

Old 02-18-2008, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good for you but I like my summit, 14lb and 4 min. from my back to 20ft up and I can put on any tree in your picture
Old 02-18-2008, 05:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don, I am not looking to use this method exclusively, but in combination with my hang ons that stay in the woods and my climber. Could you please post the steps you take to hang your stand again? I think it would help me develop my own system.

Thanks

Old 02-18-2008, 05:51 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah, forget that hassle. I can be set up and quiet in under 10 minutes using my climber. Let me count the ways I would never go through that set up every time I hunt:1. I get at least 60-90 sets a year, no way I would do that, that many times.
2. I would need to make 2 trips to get everything in, bow, sticks, stand, pack, clothes.
3. If I could make it in 1 trip, I would need a second scent free shower to combat the stink I worked up.
4. Every deer in the county would know my stand location.
5. " " " " " "smell my stand location.
6. I'm just lazy.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the same setup, 4sticks and the LW Alpha (sometimes tree saddle)and it is no hassle at all. I put up the 4 sticks, then put my pack on, the stand on one arm, climb up attach the stand, get in stand and attach safety line (used as flipline while putting everything up)to tree, hang pack on last stick, haul up bow and arrows, done, 20 minutes avg, sometimes a few minuteslonger. No sweating, no hassle. I don't really need to be up in the tree in 5, 10, 15 minutes. I plan my hunts so that I don't need some 10 minute window of time to get in the tree. Actually, I try to be in the tree a good hour to hour&half before I expect any deer movement.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

A lot of those reasons are why I am thinking about doing more hunting from the ground in the future.

Seriously though, I borrowed that setup from a friend once and was amazed how even a clutz like me could put it up w/o too much trouble...but being tied in the whole while would be harder.

Quick Reply: 10 reasons why I only use one stand all year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.