Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Both open
55.08%
One closed
44.92%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Both eyes open, Or 1 closed?

Old 02-18-2008, 06:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Both eyes open, Or 1 closed?

I voted for both eyes open.....I bought a new Diamond Triumph in September 2006. I never realized how fast the new bows were until I tried following my arrow. I had an old XI and never had this problem b/c it was soooo slow. Also, I changed to bi-focals the same monthand thought itwas the glasses and myfast new bow were the reason I couldn't see the arrow anymore. Then, I was reading here about keeping both eyes open while shooting and I discoved I was closing my left eye while practicing. Once I opened my left eye, I could see my arrow andrealized my problem. I am left eye dominant and have struggled with aiming my bow and following a deer. SO...this past year I practice just about every day from August to October totrain my left eye to stay open. What a difference...I could follow my arrow once again and I became a more accurate shot. I finalyy became more confident with my bow! Guess what...I shot a buck this year and under pressure, I think I closed my eye, b/c I never saw where I hit that deer. Old habits die hard.....but....maybe another year of practicing and I'll get it right next year.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:48 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-18-2008, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

i surprised the poll is so close.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:42 PM
Site Buck Guru

Both eyes closed......... I like to go by sound.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:08 PM
Fork Horn

im left eye dominant, right hand shooter

so I have to draw back, close one eye, get the pins in the area, then open my other eye and foccus on the tartet. Otherwise you see 2 sets of pins and you might aim on the wrong one!
Old 02-18-2008, 10:09 PM

ORIGINAL: GregH

Both eyes closed......... I like to go by sound.
The funny thing is your avatar would lead one to believe your tellin the truth hear.

I too go by sound alone.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Both open. when i started i shot one closed but had know one to teach me so one day i saw a target shooter shooting w/ 2 open i think maybe Jeff Hopkins it was when i was like 14 and i thought there must be a reason the best are doing this so i tried it and wham bam thank ya mam improved accuracy at least for me may not be this way for everyone.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

both eyes for me
Old 02-19-2008, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Both open here I find it a lot easier to get on target faster with both eyes open.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Both eyes open for me also. It seems like it's much easier to hold the pin steady on target. I'm getting better at drawing, anchoring and settling the pin with both eyes open, but I sometimes still find myself closing the left eye for a second to make sure the pin is properly centered in the peep, then opening the left eye and settling the pin... especially at longer yardagewhen every factor becomes more critical.

Quick Reply: Both eyes open, Or 1 closed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.