Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Getting comfy...

Old 02-17-2008, 03:58 PM

Default Getting comfy...

Ok, I shot my bow a few times today, and I know that I was very successful with it thisseason, no deer got away and everything was great, however, when I shot at home I was horrible. I could not get used to such a fast bow and short brace height,. One thing I took notice of was the grip on the bow, the X Force has a very thin grip, I always felt it to be a problem,so I wrapped it with black atheletic tape and made it softer and fatter. Wow! what a difference it made in my groups. I shot great today, and the vibration and noise was much less than before. I can't to get that string suppressor on it and see what it does!! Anyone care to explain the change in shooting b/c of the wrap on the grip??
Old 02-17-2008, 04:07 PM

Default RE: Getting comfy...

you prolly cant feel it as much with a bunch of tap on it cuz that will absorb a lot of vibration.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:11 PM
Dominant Buck

Couldn't tell you. My story is just the opposite. From a former Mathews shooter (and that grip)......I went to a Shrewd on the Mathews to a switch to the bowtech line.

I know I'm a better shooter with a thinner grip.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:16 PM

I was alway used to a thicker grip on my older bows, I think it may help with how the grip fits in my palm..?? By the G, your deer look great like that on the wall, almost as good looking as you!!
Old 02-17-2008, 04:24 PM
Dominant Buck

You might wanna get that grip more OUT of your palm. Post up a photo of where you have it sometime.

And thanks for the comment about my buck. We had a great run. He was a great animal. Thank you.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

It may be the placebo effect But whatever it is, and as long as it works... go for it!
Old 02-17-2008, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

The tape is obviously insulating your hand from the Vibration. As far as the grip I have always preferred the slimmer grips. That was my biggest knock on Mathews the 6 years I shot them.Depending on how much you wrapped the grip that can change your draw length a tad also, maybe that's part of the difference.

Dan
Old 02-17-2008, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

It may kinda be a mental thing.And if you are used to the big grip then maybe it makes you better.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:39 PM

Meanv, I never thought of it changing my DL. Maybe... it seems to be working well whatever I did to it. G, I let the grip rest right in the valley of my hand actually, kinda of on the ball joint almost..
Old 02-17-2008, 05:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Meanv, I never thought of it changing my DL. Maybe... it seems to be working well whatever I did to it. G, I let the grip rest right in the valley of my hand actually, kinda of on the ball joint almost..
Its hard to say Vab. Is this a new bow?

Quick Reply: Getting comfy...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.