Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Getting comfy...

Old 02-17-2008, 05:59 PM

Default RE: Getting comfy...

Yeh schultz, new this year, this hunting season actually.. I just always felt like I couldn't get a handled on the bow, felt like i was gonna drop it, it was actually painful to shoot...???
Old 02-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Vabowman,

Seriously if your x-force is vibrating and it is noisy, I'd get it into a bowshop that knows what they are doing to get those cams timed. If they aren't timed, they will get noisy, vibrate, and become a LOT less forgiving of inconsistent shooting. The bow needs timed and creep tuned. The x-forces I've shot that were properly timed were honestly very quiet and handshock free. I'd seriously consider shooting one, I really think they are a very underestimated bow. It's just that a lot of people don't know how to set them up properly.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Yeh schultz, new this year, this hunting season actually.. I just always felt like I couldn't get a handled on the bow, felt like i was gonna drop it, it was actually painful to shoot...???
You know not every bow out there is made for you, me, GMMAT, anyone for that matter on HNI. Some bows just don't do it for that individual person. Was your grip on your other bow different? Is the wrist the same height on your handle on this bow compared to your other one? Its tough to say, It would be so much easier being there watching you shoot to figure out the problem. Post a pic of you at full draw with it.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

You are probably gettting the thinner grip to much in your palm and it is causing you to tourqe the bow more.I, personally like the thinner grips, but con shoot with either very well.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rick James

Vabowman,

Seriously if your x-force is vibrating and it is noisy, I'd get it into a bowshop that knows what they are doing to get those cams timed. If they aren't timed, they will get noisy, vibrate, and become a LOT less forgiving of inconsistent shooting. The bow needs timed and creep tuned. The x-forces I've shot that were properly timed were honestly very quiet and handshock free. I'd seriously consider shooting one, I really think they are a very underestimated bow. It's just that a lot of people don't know how to set them up properly.
Creep tune an X-Force? Good Lord Matt - Are you trying to KILL this poor guy? Do you know what happens when you creep on an X-Force?I'd buy a prosthetic arm FIRST, so you candrive HOME from the shop with two hands on the wheel.

All jokes aside - there's a few people on this forum that, when they speak, I ALWAYS listen.

Rick James is one of them. I'd get that bow in to the shop.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:35 AM

It's going soon, this weekend hopefully!!