Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lonely Broadheads......

Old 02-16-2008, 04:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Lonely Broadheads......

I posted a thread about a year ago......guesstimating the percentage of BH's that never see the insides of an animal.

When you figure in bowhunter success rates, equipment hounds and tinkerers.......I wonder how many BH's actually see use for their intended purpose. I know guys whobuy every gadget, arrow and BH seemingly ever made and they don't kill deer. Hell I know guys who talk hunting all the time but I'm not sure they hunt....lol.

Anyways...how many (%-wise) BH's out of all the ones manufactured.....woud you think see the insides of an animal.

Guesses?
Old 02-16-2008, 04:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Lonely Broadheads......

From day one I've used muzzy's, though of late I'm considering others more and more, though I've never heard anyone say a bad thing about amuzzy, have hunted, had opportunities, still haven't watched one do damnage.

My father uses NAP Razorbaks I believe they're called, and I don't see anyone mentioning them in broadhead topics etc......he's killed 3 deer with em, and even bad shots etc....all did serious damage/dead within 70yds if not 20yds.....the razorbaks are 100gr, kinda a 2 blade with 2 bleeders, and spin.....rotating technology.

I'm considering, my muzzys, NAP razorbaks, rage 2 blade, montec g5, since I can't decide, til I do, im staying with my muzzys.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Most of the Traditional bow hunters in my area shoot the Magnus 3 blade snuffer, either the 125 grain or 150 grain. Its a Cut On Contact BH for those who don't know what style it is. I was one of the 1st guys in our little bow hunting group to try it out and people seen the blood trails with all the blood and how short they were so allot of them jumped on the snuffer wagon. I have no idea really why its considered a Traditional head, it really makes no sense to me why this particular BH is shot by more Trad folks and not by as many compounder's. This next year I will be taking pics of the blood trails so I can prove my point to some people that its that good! I would put it up against any BH out there, just my 2 cents, carry on!! I forgot to add to that there cheap, 6 pack for 28.00 bucks.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:00 PM
Dominant Buck

I guess another way we could look at this is........How many BH's have you owned in your life.....and how many have seen the insides of an animal.

You gotta admit.....there's probably a LOT of folks who would feel weird answering those questions.....and there's probably a lot of lonely BH's.

Old 02-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Old 02-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Once you buy a pack of thunderheads you will kill a deer with them all, or die trying.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:18 PM
Dominant Buck

You're still missing the point, Schultzy.

1. How many (actual, individual #'s) BH's are sold every year?

2. How many actually get used on an animal?

I'm betting the percentage is VERY low (# actually used on an animal).
Old 02-16-2008, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

You are probably right Jeff. I imagine some are destroyed in practice, some thrown aside for a different brand, some lost after missing their mark, etc. Oh the lonely broadhead.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

You're still missing the point, Schultzy.

1. How many (actual, individual #'s) BH's are sold every year?

2. How many actually get used on an animal?

I'm betting the percentage is VERY low (# actually used on an animal).
Oops!! Sorry, misunderstood ya!!
Old 02-16-2008, 05:53 PM

Well lets see...I have 15 broadheads sitting in my box of bow gear right now...and I've only killed 1 deer with my bow, so roughly 6%

I think thats what you were meaning

Quick Reply: Lonely Broadheads......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.