Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lonely Broadheads......

Old 02-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Lonely Broadheads......

Almost all of my broadheads have at least been shot AT a deer....I bought a 6 pack of Muzzy a few years ago and have just replaced the blades....I know for a fact every one of them has been fired at a deer by now...not sure how many actually killed deer....
Old 02-16-2008, 06:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would sayless than 20% of all braodheads made each yearactually get put through a big game animal. I know I have purcahsed a bunch over the years. Some never saw the woods let alone an animal. Most all of them have seen a target just not a living target.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

I used wonder vaguely the same thing a bazillion years ago when I worked at walgreens and was stocking the um.. prophylactics. (hopefully none saw the insides of a deer [:-]) How many just sit in a wallet or drawer, unloved?

Ah, but I digress. If my muzzys don't get lost, broken or stuck in trees first they'll get to see the insides of critters. Maybe a little more than half make it that far, trees take out most of them. Darn squirrels.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

I used wonder vaguely the same thing a bazillion years ago when I worked at walgreens and was stocking the um.. prophylactics. (hopefully none saw the insides of a deer [:-]) How many just sit in a wallet or drawer, unloved?

Ah, but I digress. If my muzzys don't get lost, broken or stuck in trees first they'll get to see the insides of critters. Maybe a little more than half make it that far, trees take out most of them. Darn squirrels.
None of mine,thats for sure..................they make great water balloons..[:-]
Old 02-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess you "can" be as bored as Jeff. Sheesh!
Old 02-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

Christine, you are a hoot!

I resharpen all of mine, so if no one steals them, they will all see meat!
Old 02-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had 3 deer killed with 6 broadheads, and a squirrel, but I buy one pack a year, and that is it. I am guessing about 10 percent of the broadheads see thier job carry out with them doing the work.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

man Jeff, you cook up some gooduns awesome thought...i love it...

lets see....first year i had 6 muzzys, 3 expandables, 3 rocky mountain premiers and 2 freebie heads from the mail....so thats 14...1 shot and hit a deer....so thats 1:14

year 2...i know i had 9 muzzys and 3 snypers...so thats 1:12 this year...

might have missed some....but i think thats all the broadheads i owned at one point or another thus far...

dont worry....think im going to magnus next year probably order stingers and snuffers...the muzzys did the job...and i know the snypers will do the job...but ive always like the magnus heads...i have magnumitus in the broadhead catagory...most guys like the bigger cuts...i want something that will shatter a brick and not blow blades off or anything...dont know why i feel that when the biggest thing i will shoot will be a deer....i can shoot my muzzy that went thought my buck this year again...heck it will most likely still cut you if you run your finger down the blades...just one of them things....gotta find the one that just wows you and your 10000% confident in...

Old 02-16-2008, 09:56 PM

In Illinois, I'd say 40 % or less make contact. I'd say 40 to 50% of hunters are killing 80% of the deer. That leaves 1 deerfor every fifty hunters. That's alot of unused broadheads. If you don'tbelieve that look at the Illinois harvest total versus hunter participationtotal and then ask around how manydeer successful bowhunters average ayear here.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:01 PM

Well, let's see.....Last year in the months leading up to bow season, I purchased........9 broadheads. 4 of them got blood on them......so that's what, 44% ? I'm sure the "average" isn't that high.

I would feel pretty safe in saying less than 20%......

Quick Reply: Lonely Broadheads......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.