Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pics of my new bow

Old 02-18-2008, 10:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Pics of my new bow

Huntingbry,
Yea, my ultimate goal is to be confident enough to take it afield every trip this fall. We'll see how that works out though.

Rob,
If I pulled that off, you'd probably hear me whoopin it up from your end of the state.

I think the most importantdifference between this bow, and the longbow I used last year was comfort & shootability. My old one, I was brand new too the game and it wasn't the easiest bow to shoot and I was trying to figure everything out at once. This one, I'm much more happier with because I know more of what I like and don't like about a trad bow, and this one just seems to put the arrows where I look.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:23 AM

Good luck Rybo, that is a sweet looking bow. I am contemplating making a full time switch to traditional with my recurve but I just can't bring myself to do it yet. All I can say is practice practice and practice and then practice some more. I love shooting my Chek-mate hunter II. I did hunt with it 2 years ago but I didn't last year because I didn't have the time to practice with it. But it is going out in the woods with me this spring and most likely this fall. Do the makers of your bow have a website? That is a sweet bow and I may have to take a good look at them.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

PA HArdwoods,
Had long PM wrote out to ya, but your inbox was full. Clean it out and I'll get ya the contact info.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is a beautiful bow! Good luck with it.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Huntingbry,
Yea, my ultimate goal is to be confident enough to take it afield every trip this fall. We'll see how that works out though.

Rob,
If I pulled that off, you'd probably hear me whoopin it up from your end of the state.

I think the most importantdifference between this bow, and the longbow I used last year was comfort & shootability. My old one, I was brand new too the game and it wasn't the easiest bow to shoot and I was trying to figure everything out at once. This one, I'm much more happier with because I know more of what I like and don't like about a trad bow, and this one just seems to put the arrows where I look.
Kudos to you! I have the utmost respect for you guys that take on that challenge.

I am a trad neophyte so please excuse me if my questions are dumb. Is that considered a recurve or longbow? It doesn't have the length or curve of a longbow, but the limbs definitely aren't recurved. It is a very unique design. I like it a lot.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

Man thatis one awesome looking bow!
Old 02-18-2008, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

Kudos to you! I have the utmost respect for you guys that take on that challenge.

I am a trad neophyte so please excuse me if my questions are dumb. Is that considered a recurve or longbow? It doesn't have the length or curve of a longbow, but the limbs definitely aren't recurved. It is a very unique design. I like it a lot.
It is a longbow. But when its got these funky limbs its a reflex/deflexor a "hybrid" longbow. I'm still learning a lot of the terms too. I know one thing is that thisbow will zip out an arrow nicely.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:43 PM

Sorry about that Rybo. In box all cleaned out. Now that info I requested please.