Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 02-16-2008, 11:00 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-16-2008, 11:14 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: HuntingBry...Check out these bucks.

Thanks DTine for all the pictures and info. You sure changed my outlook on hunting NJ who would thought.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-16-2008, 11:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Thank you !

Most people over-look NJ when it comes to hunting. This State is great and was even better, for all hunting. We do great for Geese, fishing is really good(especially off-shore), we have the largest black bears on the East Coast(no bear season this year, though), Duck and other waterfoul hunting is still really good in areas.

However, as the State gets more and more built up and wildlife/nature is disregarded in favor of homes and snobby yuppies, the hunting will go downhill. The privately owned farm areas are the popular places to be, although thescuddlebutt amongst the farmers is that they are kicking out all hunting clubs(good for me, I hunt privatefarms, no $$ down)So, we make the best of it while it lasts !!
Ant,

Why are they talking about kicking out the clubs? Are they having problems with them? Honestly, I hope they do because I'm just like you, just a guy who hunts private land where I can get it and public land away from the crowds.

I hope that trickles down to PA too, because around here hunting clubs are a farse. They lull landowners into a false sense of security so they can control all of the private land in the area. Then they treat the property they have like it's their own. I knew a landowner that gave me permission to hunt their property because they knew me and they also had a club on their property. The club members tried to run me off and even called the police on me. After the dust settled, they lost permission on that property because of their behavior. Believe me, this was one of the more well behaved clubs. I've heard some stories that make me feel lucky to have left the woods on my own two feet that night.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Drop those are truely amazing pics. I've worked in Princeton for the past 8 years now and have witnessed some reallyhuge bucks.....far greater than we have here in the Hammonton/Atsion area.(Atlantic/Burlington Counties) I've seen many just in peoples yards eating their landscape. The farms and fields are true to your description. I always tell my friends it looks like Illinois.

I live right in the Wharton tract(hour and 1/2 from Princeton), and the most of the bucks are shot at a young age. The clubs decimate young bucks. It's actually sickening. Between the abundance of coyotes, blue tongue, and the six day firearm decimation, our local herds are to a minimum. The late doe season inzone 25 doesn't help much either. I feel it does more harm than good. Once again the clubs killeverything in sight....fawns, pregant does, and breaker bucksget wiped out.

I stopped trying to get permission to huntprivate ground inPrinceton. It seems every resident is an anti. Every block of woods is posted beyond belief, and frankly I'm tired of their antihunting/elitist attitudes. The bucks are certainly in a safe haven.

You might have somthing there about the bucks not crossing the street......or maybe they're just so old and smart that they look for cars. I've seen literally hundreds of dead deer in the past 8 yearson the side of the road(always with the "red X")in Mercer County, and not one of them was evera buck.

Old 02-16-2008, 12:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: pigiron

I stopped trying to get permission to huntprivate ground inPrinceton. It seems every resident is an anti. Every block of woods is posted beyond belief, and frankly I'm tired of their antihunting/elitist attitudes. The bucks are certainly in a safe haven.

You might have somthing there about the bucks not crossing the street......or maybe they're just so old and smart that they look for cars. I've seen literally hundreds of dead deer in the past 8 yearson the side of the road(always with the "red X")in Mercer County, and not one of them was evera buck.

I've heard that about Princeton too. Very hard to get permission.

My friend's father is a retired officer and he said he has seen some giant bucks while on night patrol come to the edge of the road, stop, look both ways, and then cross. This is the same guy who says they'll all get hit.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-16-2008, 07:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ant, believe me I know they don't all get hit, it's just convincing my buddy that's the problem. Like I said I think he uses it as justification to shoot bucks that he's afraid we might razz him on. We'd never do that, we just find something else to bust his stones about.

That's cool how that lady gave you permission. Sometimes that's all it takes is just tallking to someone and letting them get to know you. I've asked permission at places and got a no and stuck around a little while to shoot the bull and after getting to know me they've changed their minds. It doesn't happen all the time, but it can happen.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Typical Buck

Wow Drop, completely suprised and impressed a area in the tri-state region is producing deer like that, and that there is a gun season there is even more unbelievable. I always tghought my county in New York, which is bow only, would be the one to beat, but there haven't been deer like that here in a LONG time.