Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

fletching color

Old 02-15-2008, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: fletching color

I'm shooting all white with a white wrap now. I was shooting all yellow, but I found that since I'm colorblind, even yellow is hard for me to find in the woods. Red and green are absolute no-no's for me.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:11 AM
Typical Buck

White and orange have worked for me so far.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:12 AM

...So, my clear ones were a bad choice?

Old 02-15-2008, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LostInWoods

...So, my clear ones were a bad choice?

At least there's no chance the color will spook your deer.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:02 AM

for me I dont think it matters you try seeing 10 yard away and 20 feet up and try telling me you can see the vanes of an arrow there to small to see at the distances and if you can see them there not big enough for a deer to bust you. Also I think color is more of a personal preference. I like flo Orange and white as the cock vane with white nocks.UT colors which will be the same colors as my strings next year By the the way thats the longhorns. By the way i shot adecentbuck at 7 yardsI was only 6 feet up in the treelast year. With a Blaze orange vest on Flo orange and white vanes white knocks he look right at me several times on his way in and never busted me.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use Blazers, 2 white and one flo yellow with white, yellow, and green capping and cresting.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

He had no desire to argue the point and his comments were such that he's herd the same ones made here already. It was a good article and he wasn't saying an arrow with a white fletch would set any off, but a quiver full reasembles a tail waving. I thought it was a good point. I've always used whitejust to see where they went. He claimed red was also easy to see.

Just got some new shafts and I think I'll fletch them in red. Maybe some in a barred red and black. Might not be able to even send one out they'll be so perdy.

The guy has some experience and most who've met him know him to be a down to earth kind, very likeable.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

When I fletch arrows, I use white with a yellow cock feather or yellow with an orange cock feather.

Last season I used arrows that came fletched with 5" red and black feathers with ayellow wrap. Those arrow are nearly impossible to see in flight. [&o]

Turkeys pick out the arrows with bright feathersright away, deer don't seem to notice until they've gotten a real up close and personal look at the arrow.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Blue & White
Old 02-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've always liked a Lot of White!

Dan

Quick Reply: fletching color

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.