Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Advice on deer hunting blind

Old 02-14-2008, 01:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default Advice on deer hunting blind

Ok, I know that a Double Bull is the best blind.

But are there any other quality blinds out there that don't cost $400...like maybe in the $200-$250 range.

Or should I just bite the bullet and buy a Double Bull?
Old 02-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Advice on deer hunting blind

Build yourself a nice ground blind...our of green treat lumber and some screws!
Old 02-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Make sure they're roomy enough to draw a bow. The Ameristep Doghouse claims to be but isn't, it was cheap and it'll do for turkey hunting.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:13 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BrentH243

Build yourself a nice ground blind...our of green treat lumber and some screws!
Need something that is portable
Old 02-14-2008, 02:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

The funny thing is I keep reading Double Bull, Double Bull but when I talked to our Antelope Outiftter in Wyoming last year he basically said "Yeah the Double Bulls LOOK nice, but they got pummeled in a matter of a couple weeks out in the elements".
He uses all Eastman blinds and flat out said that they are MUCH tougher and will take the beating that the winds can dish out on the open terrain in WY.
He no longer uses ANY Double Bull blinds.

To me that says a lot if you plan to not baby your stuff............I don't know 1st hand either way because I don't know much about them and don't own any pop up style blinds yet. Just relaying that info from a guy who relies on blinds for his business.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

The funny thing is I keep reading Double Bull, Double Bull but when I talked to our Antelope Outiftter in Wyoming last year he basically said "Yeah the Double Bulls LOOK nice, but they got pummeled in a matter of a couple weeks out in the elements".
He uses all Eastman blinds and flat out said that they are MUCH tougher and will take the beating that the winds can dish out on the open terrain in WY.
He no longer uses ANY Double Bull blinds.

To me that says a lot if you plan to not baby your stuff............I don't know 1st hand either way because I don't know much about them and don't own any pop up style blinds yet. Just relaying that info from a guy who relies on blinds for his business.

Correct me if im wrong but I think the ASAT blinds are made by Eastman. They look damn close to the double bull blinds for a lot cheaper.

http://www.rmarchery.com/products/Blinds/766.html
Old 02-14-2008, 02:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I got a Yukon Tracks Dominator from sportsmans guide. It is larger than the doghouse. large enough for me at 6'2" with a 29" DL to comfortably draw my bow. I've had it for 3 years. At times it has been left out in the weather for up to 3 months at a time. Its pretty tough. And I think I spent less than $100.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:04 AM

my ground blind is free its called a tree lol
umm my uncle bought one of the cheap ones the only thing wrong with his is it blows away in the wind
Old 02-15-2008, 02:01 PM
Typical Buck

Cmon guys...there must be more of you that have used ground blinds and have an opinion.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got an Ameristep Doghouse for Christmas awhile back, although they say it's big enough to bowhunt out of, I won't. The windows are too low for me to shoot out of unless I'm kneeling on the ground.

Quick Reply: Advice on deer hunting blind

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.