Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage Customer Service

Old 02-14-2008, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rage Customer Service

its done been decided that opening in flight is a user error... IE you pushed them too far into your quiver, or you caught them on something to make them lose the lip on the o-ring, which may or may not be visible, None the less i was skeptical too, so i keep a g5 striker(imo ARE better than muzzy) in my quiver just in case i lose my faith with the rage.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's stories like this that keep me from buying any expandable BH's. The "moving parts" scare me to death.

What if it opens too soon?
What if it don't open upon contact?
What if?.....what if?.....what if?........

I know what a good expandable will do to a deer. I've seen it, but it's the numerous "what if's" that keep me from trying any.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shoot what you're comfortable with!
Old 02-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Typical Buck

I agree a 100% it could have been my fault just as much of the broadheads fault. But the only thing I can go off of, in all the years of shooting fixed bladed heads. I have never had an issue. I dropped a 140" 8 point whitetail in his tracks with a broken neck via a muzzy broadhead? I wasn't proud of the shot but it seems like ISH! always happens to me. I got lucky but I also got my first P&Y whitetail on the wall. I don't think a Rage would have withstood that or done the job.
I have heard and seen too many loss stories to bank on anything that has the possibility of screwing up. I have made a vow to myself that after this ordeal if there is a doubt in my mind I am not going to use them.It's not only with broadheads, I have had similar experiences with "the new and best" bullets. They don't perform like they are supposed too and I find something else. I guess the moral of the sotry is to stick with what you know.
Good luck to all the Rage shooters....
Old 02-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Host of Hosts

its done been decided that opening in flight is a user error... IE you pushed them too far into your quiver, or you caught them on something to make them lose the lip on the o-ring, which may or may not be visible,
If they are that touchy and you have to be that careful in hunting situations then that's all the reason I need to not use them.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:48 PM

I just got two packs for 44 shipped. Ill be shooting them this year.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

wow, I'd of told you to buy more! I read that they're designed only to use once, that's why they have a practice model, so once you shoot a deer with one, game over, retire the head. Sound like some nice guys at that company.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:32 PM
Fork Horn

2 packs of 44 what?