Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage Customer Service

Old 02-13-2008, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rage Customer Service

ORIGINAL: ElkNutz

Glad thier CS is better then their POS heads....

Old 02-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

Never used them but glad their customer service is good. Similiar thing happened to me with Muzzy's several years ago. Had one three pack of the 100 grain 3 blade heads of which the blades had play or looseness in the head, something I'd never experienced before. I sent them back in and Muzzy sent me a 6 pack back. I was more than happy.

As for the tiny allen head screws, it happens on other brands as well. Had a few screws mess up on my Rocky Mt. Turbos. I was able to secure some extra screws from a local supply store. But glad the screw threads messed up instead of on the head itself.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

Jeff-
Sorry for the late reply this new job as really cut back on my internet time. The local archery shop has plenty of replacement blades. Next time your going to a job site up this way (if ever) stop in to Mastin's Archery and pick up a pack or two. I'd also be more than happy to pick you some up.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:51 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah I will expand. I spent 36 bucks because the rage prostaffer conviced me they are "better" then my muzzy's. I shot at two deer withthem the first two days of the season only to have them open in flight which makes an arrow get really STUPID in the air! The third arrow was four days later when I stuck a medium sized buckwith my bowtech at 67 lbs.in the back of the front shoulder (4" forward of the 12). My wife and I looked for four hours at drops every 30 yards or so for over a mile and never did find him finally lost blood.
So when I called Rage about them they said "ohhh the O rings were probably dry rotted". We'll send you new O rings. Well beings I hadno heads left, that wouldn't do me any good. IMO its a really crappy design plus they aren't nearly as stout as a muzzy. Thats obvious if you look at them side by side. They wouldn't penetrate a deers shoulder let alone a big deer or and elk for that matter. If they work and fly like they are suppose to then I can see where they could be deadly. But me personally spend alot of money every year to go on hunts. The last thing I want to do is wonder if my broadhead is gonna work.IMO they are CRAP!

I think they should go back and redesign them or simply rename them...
"The Rage Cripple'r"
"Were still cripple'n um one at a time."
Old 02-14-2008, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

"The Rage Cripple'r"
I bet properly placed shots would be killers instead of cripplers.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

Glad thier CS is better then their POS heads....
There are many, many, many hunters who would argue that point. Myself being one of them. Do you care to expand on your statement as to why you don't like them or will you just leave it with ignorant bashing?

Thanks for the post on where to get blades. I need some too.
Maybe you could practice what you preach and expand on your statement as to why you and many, many, many hunters would argue that point or will you just leave it with ignorant endorsement?

Old 02-14-2008, 07:22 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Badger_Girl93

"The Rage Cripple'r"
I bet properly placed shots would be killers instead of cripplers.
Yeah and how many bowhunters hit exactly the right spot EVERY time. Not many... So should I expect my broadheads to only work on perfect shots? Or, should I expect them to work on mediocre' shots that happens alotmore often?
Old 02-14-2008, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NChunterman

I shot two deer this year with the rage 2 blades and when I tried to replace the bladesthe allen screw on the head it either broke or stripped out. I called Rage and they said to send them in no questions asked. I taped them up and sent them in using a envelope and postage stamp (.40).

Yesterday I recieved a brand new package of 3 heads plus a practice head in the mail.

Now, I don't know if that speaks for less than stellar quality or excellent customer service. I will be using Rage in 2008.
They just told me how to jury rig the head and had no replacement set screws to send me. i did find them in a hardware store after a lot of searching. Allen head set screws I think they were .050. Anyway they were not as kind to me!
Old 02-14-2008, 07:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

ElkNutz, thanks for sharing your issue. The opening on flight thing is something that others have found happening if the blades are not popped into the O ring completely or if they are bumped in the quiver or on a stalk. This most definitely would cause erratic flight. It is a side effect of having blades that require very little energy to open ensuring full expansion on entry. What I've done to prevent that is to use some small rubber bands in addition to the O ring. This way if the blade is bumped past the O ring the rubber band will keep the blade closed in flight. Some feel that you shouldn't have to do this, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

As far as the penetration issue goes, you really can't expect a 2" cut expandable to have the same penetration as 1 1/8" cut replaceable blade broadheads. You have to give up some penetration to have a 2" cut. With that said there is no way to determine that if you hit that buck with your Muzzys that you would have gotten any more penetration. You may have just hit bone just right. There is just no way to tell.

I'm really sorry to hear you had such a bad experienc with them. My experience has been quite the opposite. I had one deer where I hit it high and a little back. The arrow passed completely through and stuck 6" in the ground. I caught the main artery running along the spine and thanks to the 2" cut also severed the spinal cord. Despite my bad shot the deer dropped in her tracks and bled out in 20 seconds. On the other deer I shot with them I was a hard quartering away shot that went in behind the last rib and came out in front of the shoulder providing a blood trail that went from the ground to 5' in the air on brush and trees all the way to the deer.

Overall, I've been very satisfied. Although I will say with how easily the blades deploy I would be hesitant to try a stalk with them. For stand hunting though, they are great IMHO.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm satisfied also, but the CS left something to be desired. maybe i should contact them again!

Quick Reply: Rage Customer Service

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.