Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wanting to know about bows again

Old 02-12-2008, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wanting to know about bows again

Sorry to ask again guys, but could you tell me which compound hunting bow would be best suited for a small female like me? I think i may be better going for a youth bow? I aint that strong to be honest, I want the bow to last a lifetime and be of good quality for hunting and recreational use for 3D shooting too

Im looking to spend in the $400-$500 range, hopefully i can get some things thrown in with the price too.

I seen this, is it any good?

http://www.huntersfriend.com/2007-Diamond-Edge-Youth/edge-compound-bow-package.htm
Old 02-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wanting to know about bows again

Ive heard nothing but good things about the edge. It would probably be a good choice
Old 02-12-2008, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Forget about having a bow for a lifetime. You will get stronger. Check out Parker bows. I would suggest the Challenger. You can have them switch out the limbs when you get stronger for $50. I also like the Challenger better than the Edge because it is a Single cam bow.

www.parkerbows.com
Old 02-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

You live in Scotland ??

What kind of game animals are there ?
Yep sure do, was born n raised in this fine country.

We have all sorts of big game here from, Red, Roe, Fallow, Sika and Chinese water deer. All sorts of game birds aswell theres a list lol.

I love the hunting here. There are alot of Americans and other foreigners that come over to hunt and see the scenery.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Droptine249

If you ever come to UK , be sure to visit Scotland ( Glen Coe ) . The Red deer are huge and look so Majestic , The Stags in the Glen are the Largest i've seen . If your lucky enough to stay at the Kings house in Glen Coe , you will even get chance to feed the does at night . They will feed from your hand outside the hotel and then in the day you can go spying the Red Deer down the Glen Etive valley across the road .
Old 02-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-12-2008, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

A friend of mine at work bought her a youth bow brand name was Jennings and she like her bow alot and I think she could change the limbs on hers if she wanted to pull more poundage later on!What ever brand you choose be sure to try several out and get one your the most comfortable shooting with and make sure you get the correct draw length.You'll have to post some pictures of your hunting area Remington Girl.....sounds like you have agreat place to hunt.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: LKNCHOPPERS

Forget about having a bow for a lifetime. You will get stronger. Check out Parker bows. I would suggest the Challenger. You can have them switch out the limbs when you get stronger for $50. I also like the Challenger better than the Edge because it is a Single cam bow.

www.parkerbows.com
I'll second that!
Old 02-13-2008, 04:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Who makes the best bow for small women with not alot of strength? My budget is $450

Quick Reply: Wanting to know about bows again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.