Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

indoor range

Old 02-12-2008, 01:17 PM

Default indoor range

thinking of making my basement into indoor target range if you have any suggestions please reply also if you got pics please post them please
Old 02-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: indoor range

keep the distance short, more for shooting form than for actual sighting in or long range practice. a miss in the basement means a badly messed up arrow, and possible damage to some of the stuff that makes the house work. I keep mine at 5 yards with a large target and an old mattress as a backdrop. also if you put your boss' picture on the target, make sure to take it off if they or another co-worker are ever invited over. almost got in hot water on that one.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:30 PM

I can shoot 13 yards in my finished basement. I have a Morrel bag target infront of a Black Hole broadhead target.The broadheadtarget is there for potential pass throughs. I have the broadhead target up against the wall so the targets won't fall over.

Big thing ismaking sure the rest of the family knows that I am shooting and not to come down until I give them the all clear. I am shooting down the main hall.

I did discover that lighting can be an issue. The fiber optics don't seem to pick up bulb light as well as they do outside light.

The final thing, I shoot really small targets. I will take a piece of masking tape, trace a dime outline on it, then color it in and that is what I am shooing at.

Hope that helps.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot 17 yards in my shop. I use a Morrell Yellow Jacket target. Works great.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

I have 20 yards and a 4ft by 4ft block. I am right in the middle of finishing it for the range. I will post some pics when I finish it. There are just about done with all the drywall.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:45 PM

You guys are fortunate!!! I wish I had that luxury
Old 02-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GeneRagulsky

I can shoot 13 yards in my finished basement. I have a Morrel bag target infront of a Black Hole broadhead target.The broadheadtarget is there for potential pass throughs. I have the broadhead target up against the wall so the targets won't fall over.

Big thing ismaking sure the rest of the family knows that I am shooting and not to come down until I give them the all clear. I am shooting down the main hall.

I did discover that lighting can be an issue. The fiber optics don't seem to pick up bulb light as well as they do outside light.

The final thing, I shoot really small targets. I will take a piece of masking tape, trace a dime outline on it, then color it in and that is what I am shooing at.

Hope that helps.
I can shoot 13 yards in my basement as well. Are you sure you're not shooting in my basement? If you are, come up and get me sometime and well have a competition. J/K, but really, do everything you can to not hit the wall, and make sure to keep family members and pets clear. It's a great way to keep shooting even when it's nasty outside. It helps keep you practiced.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:42 PM

I can squeeze in 20 yrds, and sometimes i shoot down my stairs. real fun. i have a big piece of styrofome that i got when the water around here got way up and docks broke and it floated away. oooooo lucky meI put a hog target in front of the styrofome.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its always fun to shoot little dots insideand see if you can hit em
Old 02-12-2008, 10:44 PM

dude, do you have a backyard??

Quick Reply: indoor range

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.