Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

indoor range

Old 02-13-2008, 07:24 AM

Default RE: indoor range

See below.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:25 AM

ORIGINAL: Splitear_Leland

ORIGINAL: GeneRagulsky

I can shoot 13 yards in my finished basement. I have a Morrel bag target infront of a Black Hole broadhead target.The broadheadtarget is there for potential pass throughs. I have the broadhead target up against the wall so the targets won't fall over.

Big thing ismaking sure the rest of the family knows that I am shooting and not to come down until I give them the all clear. I am shooting down the main hall.

I did discover that lighting can be an issue. The fiber optics don't seem to pick up bulb light as well as they do outside light.

The final thing, I shoot really small targets. I will take a piece of masking tape, trace a dime outline on it, then color it in and that is what I am shooing at.

Hope that helps.
I can shoot 13 yards in my basement as well. Are you sure you're not shooting in my basement? If you are, come up and get me sometime and well have a competition. J/K, but really, do everything you can to not hit the wall, and make sure to keep family members and pets clear. It's a great way to keep shooting even when it's nasty outside. It helps keep you practiced.
Next time you come down, could you bring me a sandwich???
Old 02-13-2008, 07:29 AM

I have 19 yards and it is great. I shoot at least 5 days a week.

Suggestion, put a steel plate over any window down range. I had a release problem at almost full draw and I sent an arrow across the neightbors property and buried itself in the side of their house. About 5 inch penetration at 100 yards. That was a tough door bell to ring.

Don't shoot near the furnace or water heater. Stuff happens and you better be ready for it. My whole form and accuracy changed with my 20 yard range. I can now drill 50 yard shots without a problem. Your form is the same at 20 as it is at 50. My target at 19 is about the size of a nickel.

good luck.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just measured it. If I stand next to the toilet, shoot thru the door, down the hall, thru the kitchen, across the livingroom, up to the t.v. I could put in a 12 yard range. lol