Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HNI/Harrisburg mini gtg and shoot.

Old 02-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default HNI/Harrisburg mini gtg and shoot.

I'm exhausted guys, as GMMAT mentioned in the other thread, man did I choke![&:]

Prior to the HNI meet and greet I caught Rick James (Matt) coming off the range after a pair of targets. Unfortunately a star shooter from his area came and turned in an exceptional score, a 299, 19 up to knock Matt off the qualifing round. Matt I believe shot a 270.

But first thing first. I had a great time today. Around 1:00 as mentioned many of HNI's "celebrities"..lol gathered around the Ultimate Camo booth to meet, greet and shake hands.

Picture below are those attendies.

Left to Right,

Kneeling are Diesel77 (Andy), Mantis Mayar (Fran) and rybohunter (Ryan)
second row, Rick James (Matt), Kidd642 (Frank) and Bullmoose38 (Adam), not pictured his wife HollyHoyt.
Back row, Gundeck (Ron), Jawshooter (Dan), Matt / PA and Rob/PA Bowyer.

not pictured as well, we met series22 and bowtechben in the archery arena.

Great to meet all of you and I look forward to all your pictures as well.
I know Andy (Diesel77) took some pictures during the shoot as well. Frank (Kidd642) took video I'm not sure they can post or not.

Pictured below is yours truly telling Matt / PA what Mantis Mayar said about recognizing everyone. I made mention that we all look different without hats, camo or deer in front of us and Mantis (Fran) said and yeah, you (me) without a half rack laying there. [8D]

Rob waving his hands with Diesel77 behind in his Ultimate camo, Mantis Mayar, Matt/PA and Kidd7642.

Below, Kidd642 was caught flirting with my wife while she took a picture.

A picture of the range:

Matt and I waiting in the warm up area, an 8 yard shot we didn't even get to shoot. Started cold on the line.

Matt and I were lucky enough to get paired up to shoot.

Through the first 18 targets, 2 points seperate Matt and I. Matt was one up, I was one down. We started on two difficult targets, started cold. Matt was first and 10'd a 43ish yard standing bear. I twelved my first target and then we switch. I believe Matt 12'd the same target next to my arrow and I was up to shoot the standing bear. I knew the yardage, touched off the release and went high for a 5. Okay, got that out of the way, time to climb.

Matt at full draw/ middle in the picture just beyond me and just past the women in the orange shirt:

And me at full draw, same location:

Matt and I up at the top pulling and scoring arrows:

Matt and I waiting on the line near the begining of the line. We have about a dozen targets left at this time. Matt is just down and I'm way down. I went to hell after about 20 targets. I'm not sure what happened but a friend of mine said I was pushing my bow and suddenly I shot several targets straight high consistantly and nailed a couple more 5's. I had a great time but my finish went to hell in a hand basket.

Matt finished the round 1 up for a 281. He had a real roll going and shot his only 5 late in the shoot. He finished hard with 12's on the 3 of our final 4 targets. Great shooting Matt.

Me on the other hand, I shot 30 points under my qualifying round of 286. Like I said, hell in a handbasket very quickly toward the end. I'm not sure it was fatigue or mind games. I just couldn't stop shooting high. I had the yardages locked but sent my arrows straight high. It was mental mistakes. I shoot tomorrow and I have to save face to me and me alone. I'm my own biggest competitor.

I want to thank everyone who was able to make the mini gtg and stick around to watch us shoot. It was my utmost honor to shake all of your hands.

Gundeck, Mantis, Diesel77, series22, Jawshooter, Rick James, Matt / PA, Kidd642, rybohunter, Bullmoose38, HollyHoyt, bowtechben pleasure to spend some time with ya'll.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HNI/Harrisburg mini gtg and shoot.

Congratulations to you guys atleast you made it that far!! I wouldnt have even made it through qualifying, Rob just do your thing forget the pressure. Congrats again. on a side note, did you guys have to shoot the elk and the caribou on the top deck??

Ryan.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

Rob,

Sorry it didn't turn out like you wanted, but it sure looks like you had a good time.

Great pictures, sorry I could be there today, but I look forward to shooting with you tomorrow.

Take care and get some rest.

Brian
Old 02-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

It was nice to meet all of you too!
Old 02-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great post Rob, excellent pictures. Seems there was a solid crowd built up. Too bad it didn't work out for ya, but that's one heck of a course, and either way it's an accomplishment just to make it to the finals. What was the final breakdown of finishers in the finals? About tomorrow, I won't be able to make it, my dad and I are trying to get some work done on some framing/drywall work around the house. Rare time I actually am home for a weekend for once. Have fun tomorrow. I also order strings/cables, if you're still interested, I'll be in touch about setup.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Fork Horn

To matt and rob it was my honor to set and watch u guys. i have wanted to get into target shootin but dont have anyone to go do it with up here. but i really think this year i will try to do a couple dont know where though. once again guys it was great meetin u all look forward to meetin u all in the future.

Jeremy

Old 02-09-2008, 08:21 PM

ROB YOU SUCK!!! LOL Just kidding buddy it happens to the besto of us. The same thing happens to me at the state indoor shoot with my recurve. Im good to lose 30-50 pts when I shoot down there. I swear this year that is not gonna happen though!!!Wish I could have made it down to meet everyone. Just too much stuff to do around here. Maybe this summer we can plan a HNI get together here in Central PA and have a 3D shoot or something.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rob, I guess my making a food run was well timed....Get em next time or tomorrow for that matter. We were late getting down there and the girls and a friend of mine that I am introducing to the sport were with me and they wanted to explore (first timers)so I only got to see the first half of your shoot. I will get my share of it tomorrow. Anyhow, anytime shooting the bow is a good time right? I will catch ya for my 12 o clock hair appointment tomorrow.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

Enjoyed the pics of everyone and the shoot. I've never shot anything like that indoors, it looks extremely challenging to me! Sounds like you guys had a great time and did well.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

No matter how the shoot went, it looks like you all were having a good time.
Good luck tomorrow.
Oh, I dont blame kedd for flirting with your wife, She is a verypretty lady.

Quick Reply: HNI/Harrisburg mini gtg and shoot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.