Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HNI/Harrisburg mini gtg and shoot.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: HNI/Harrisburg mini gtg and shoot.

Walked around this morning with Gutshotem but never spotted anyone from HNI,we couldnt even find Diesels Ultimate camo stand. We did watch a few rounds of the guys shooting recurves and some of the 15-17 yr olds shooting, which was neat. What time did the money hunter class shoot?
Old 02-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Money Hunter Class and Trophy Hunter Class started at 1:30. They basically took up the entire line except for 3 Womens HC finalists.
16 in "Money Hunter, 8 in Trophy Hunter
Old 02-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: fatsbucknut

Walked around this morning with Gutshotem but never spotted anyone from HNI,we couldnt even find Diesels Ultimate camo stand. We did watch a few rounds of the guys shooting recurves and some of the 15-17 yr olds shooting, which was neat. What time did the money hunter class shoot?
Diesel's booth was in the Wild Wild West Hall.

Thanks for the update Matt. I had a pitiful finish and that score, 30 under my qualifying score. [&:] 4th place, LOL didn't even deserve that. [8D]

Old 02-10-2008, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

It was great to see everyone, and to meet some new people as well this weekend. It's always great to put some faces to the names, and I'm hoping we can do another event this summer maybe, some sort of a 3D shoot or something else along those lines would be great.

Congrats to Matt as well on 2nd place. I gotta say MBR class in Harrisburg is MUCH harder than HC without a doubt, and also has some great shooters competing. I'm already looking forward to next year and look forward to making a bit better of a showing for myself as well.

As for my qualifying round, I really don't have any excuses. I shot 3x 5's on the first6 targets (all high/low) trying to figure out my distances, then after that I hit a groove andhit a point where I was pounding X's and came back from 15 down to being even (was 1 up on target 22).After this I really started to getvery fatigued on the last several targets and took a beating there, dropping 11 points on the last 6 targets.It's tough for most peopleto understand how much MBR or MBO shooters at this event get worn down walking to and from the targets to pull arrows, and the heat from all the stage lights on you (it's easily 10 degrees warmer on the shooting line than the crowd or stands). In addition to this...................let's just say I was up a bit later the night before than I probably should have been, and it definitely showed on those last several targets. Had I not been howling at the moon the night before, I may have had a bit more gas in the tank to pull me through those last few arrows......lol.[:-]

It was great guys, and again I look forward to sharing the woods with a few of you this spring, and hopefully we can coordinate something where all of us can get together again and fling a few arrows.

Matt - Did you get a moose or a deer? [8D]
Old 02-11-2008, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great going guys Matt, Frankand Rob, way to represent!! Was good meeting all you other guys also especially my team MM.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Matt - Did you get a moose or a deer? [8D]
They tricked it up this year and the top finishers all got nice engraved plaques with a deer head that sticks out in the middle like a tiny shoulder mount. They're pretty nice and all the same size (just slightly different colors and with 1st thru 3rd places on them)

And my back STILL hurts going on 48hrs later.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Matt, how's your form??

Just kidding. Great job! Get some rest (and maybe a little heat) for that back!
Old 02-11-2008, 08:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Matt, how's your form??
Sweet! Where'd ya find that one?

By the way, I wish you could have met my buddy Rusty he's from the Finger Lakes too. Around Moravia? (sp?)

And for you guys that have never met Gundeck, picture a bear.The guy has hands like a Kodiak bear's paws. [:-]One swat and he'd probably knock your head off. LOL
Good meeting you buddy, make sure you register those hands with the sheriff's department.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Matt, I took this one while my Dad and I were watching the shoot. The rest of my pics from the show are here:

http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa168/rheintzelman/Harrisburg08/

As for the bear paws, honest, I am harmless (to most humans, anyway)!
Old 02-12-2008, 10:35 AM
Typical Buck

This pic shows a hint of bearpaw on Gundeck. Hellava guy! Ron, I keepmy boat on SenecaLake durring the summerat the southern endyou should swing by sometime. Oh and the pic also showsFrank on his tippy toes

Andy, I was meening to swing by and pick up some camo towards the end but the girlfriend was blowing through the slush fund like it was her job[8D] I'll catch up with you later.

Quick Reply: HNI/Harrisburg mini gtg and shoot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.