Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HNI/Harrisburg mini gtg and shoot.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HNI/Harrisburg mini gtg and shoot.

looked like fun guys! Very nice post Rob!
Old 02-10-2008, 08:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice post and pics Rob!! Congrats Matt!!

Dan
Old 02-10-2008, 09:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks guys, it was great fun regardless of the outcome of the shoot.

Congratulations Matt on 2nd place. I understand that first place winner is an incredible shot. I should have pulled my weight and Matt and I could have finished with a 2/3 combo regardless of who was 2 or 3. With another score I heard about I think I was 4th then? ?

I found this photo on another site that just happened to have Matt and I...LOL Matt at full draw on the left. I believe he is zero'd in on the goat just above his hat.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

And in a few minutes I'll be leaving to meet Nate, BPBowhunter, bowtechben, and tkycaller to shoot a little indoor. There is an outside shoot today but it's cold and very blustery so we're putting on our girly pants and shooting indoors. The place I posted about the other day. I'll be sure to have pictures and a full rundown. I need to redeem from yesterday. Look at for your arrows guys, I'm zeroing in. [8D]
Old 02-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ok here is the final update tally for the HNI guys and the 2008 Eastern Sports and Outdoors Show "3D Challenge"for all that participated in the 3d shoot.

Looks like NONE of us pulled of our goal of bringing home at least one title, but we tried hard on a pretty darn toughcourse and had a lot of fun. I filmed Frank and Rusty today for their finals in "Money Hunter" and "Hunter" classes respectively.

[hr]

[hr]

MBR (Male Bowhunter Release max 45yds fixed pins)
Matt / PA - 2nd place w/ a 281
Rob/PA Bowyer - 4th place w/ a 256

Money Hunter Class (max 35yds fixed pins 12" stabilizer)
Kidd642 (Frank) - 13th place? w/ a 258

Hunter Class (Max 35 yds, fixed pins, 12" stabilizer, 4" fletch)(There was actually a little controversy LOL)
Rusty - 3rd place w/ a 273

Rusty mistakenly shot his hunting set up with Blazer vane fletched arrows. These vanes are legal for the MONEY hunter but not the regular hunter class and his partners dad actually ratted him out. LOL
The rules committe had actually stated that they intended to allow Blazer vanes for all "Hunter" Classes this year but forgot to change the flyer. Rusty was cool with it so they gave him an honorary 1st Place plaque as the only participant and winner of the "Advanced Hunter Class" since he was technically DQ's from the regular hunter class 3rd place finish.

Other HNI Notables
Rick James - DNQ w/ a 270ish in MBR
Jawshooter - DNQ w/ a ? in Hunter Class
Old 02-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

I showed up in time to see Rob and Matt shoot for a bit, but I didn't say anything because I know I have to be bothered while shooting. I have to say those top targets are much more difficult than the pictures indicate.

Congrats to all the guys that placed.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Ok here is the final update tally for the HNI guys and the 2008 Eastern Sports and Outdoors Show "3D Challenge"for all that participated in the 3d shoot.

Looks like NONE of us pulled of our goal of bringing home at least one title, but we tried hard on a pretty darn toughcourse and had a lot of fun. I filmed Frank and Rusty today for their finals in "Money Hunter" and "Hunter" classes respectively.

[hr]

[hr]

MBR (Male Bowhunter Release max 45yds fixed pins)
Matt / PA - 2nd place w/ a 281
Rob/PA Bowyer - 4th place w/ a 256

Money Hunter Class (max 35yds fixed pins 12" stabilizer)
Kidd642 (Frank) - 13th place? w/ a 258

Hunter Class (Max 35 yds, fixed pins, 12" stabilizer, 4" fletch)(There was actually a little controversy LOL)
Rusty - 3rd place w/ a 273

Rusty mistakenly shot his hunting set up with Blazer vane fletched arrows. These vanes are legal for the MONEY hunter but not the regular hunter class and his partners dad actually ratted him out. LOL
The rules committe had actually stated that they intended to allow Blazer vanes for all "Hunter" Classes this year but forgot to change the flyer. Rusty was cool with it so they gave him an honorary 1st Place plaque as the only participant and winner of the "Advanced Hunter Class" since he was technically DQ's from the regular hunter class 3rd place finish.

Other HNI Notables
Rick James - DNQ w/ a 270ish in MBR
Jawshooter - DNQ w/ a ? in Hunter Class
Well congrats to everyone, because all of those scores are an accomplishment. Matt, about the Blazers, I noticed reading over IBOs rules/regs, and noticed the 4" fletching requirement for HC and the 2" for AHC, so is AHC also known as money hunter? I can't remember (I should probably just check), but do the HC and AHC shoot from different stakes? Only curious as I hope to shoot at least one comp this year and I'm shooting 2" blazers.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

It was great meeting you all. Great showing at the shoot. You should all be proud of your efforts. It just goes to show how much talent and knowledge are present on the forum. Hope to see you all again some time.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

but do the HC and AHC shoot from different stakes? Only curious as I hope to shoot at least one comp this year and I'm shooting 2" blazers.
Yes in IBO competition the "Advanced Hunter" is the old "Money Hunter" class and they shoot to a max of 40 yds. All equipment restrictions as regular HC apply but the arrows.
Regular Hunter Class shoots to a max of 35yds.

The Money Class in the Harrisburg shoot was geared after the Advanced HC rules but only shot a maximum of 35yds. It was more or less just an extra hunter class class they addedd to allow some of the better shoots in the competition a chance to win some money and open up the regular hunter class to a wider range of shooting abilities rather than the same guys who stay in that class to beat up on everyone year after year.

The HC and MoneyHC finals were no cakewalk, The overall average yardage was quite a bit shorter than MBR but they moved a bunch of targets around for them and didn't give them the "gimme" shots on the ground level. They had a handful of max yardage shots to deal with at small targets.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

but do the HC and AHC shoot from different stakes? Only curious as I hope to shoot at least one comp this year and I'm shooting 2" blazers.
Yes in IBO competition the "Advanced Hunter" is the old "Money Hunter" class and they shoot to a max of 40 yds. All equipment restrictions as regular HC apply but the arrows.
Regular Hunter Class shoots to a max of 35yds.

The Money Class in the Harrisburg shoot was geared after the Advanced HC rules but only shot a maximum of 35yds. It was more or less just an extra hunter class class they addedd to allow some of the better shoots in the competition a chance to win some money and open up the regular hunter class to a wider range of shooting abilities rather than the same guys who stay in that class to beat up on everyone year after year.

The HC and MoneyHC finals were no cakewalk, The overall average yardage was quite a bit shorter than MBR but they moved a bunch of targets around for them and didn't give them the "gimme" shots on the ground level. They had a handful of max yardage shots to deal with at small targets.

Crap...thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: HNI/Harrisburg mini gtg and shoot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.