Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HNI/Harrisburg mini gtg and shoot.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: HNI/Harrisburg mini gtg and shoot.

I can't believe how fast you guys left the arena! LOL You didn't even stick around for the awards presentation.

I wound up taking 2nd in MBR, that hot shot guy who knocked Rick James out shot 12 up and although I shot a couple sloppy shots late I still would have really been pushing to beat a 292.

It was a blast shooting with Rob, and it was really tight for quite a few targets. The gremlins just got Rob a bit late which I couldn't figure out because we were both making solid shots. Even our 8's weren't "Bad" 8's.

Oh well I'll take 2nd, I would have really liked to see RJ in tehre too especially since one of the qualifiers didn't bother to show up for the final it left a spot open.

So now tomorrow Kidd642 (Frank) shoots in the Money Hunter Class final, and one of my other best friends Rusty shoots in his first ever real competition in the trophy Hunter Class. He was already flinging arrows in Franks garage tonight trying to calm the jitters. LOL

It was great meeting all you guys that I haven't met previously, I wish we could have sat down over a couple beers and some wings rather than run and gun off to the shoot with only a few minutes to spare.
Fran (Mantis Mayer) and myself are already talking about a long overdue fly fishing trip this spring, and I'll be turkey hunting again with Rob and RJ this season.

It's funny trying to explain to people who just don't get it that allus guys are 'Friends' even though many of us have never met.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Isn't it amazing how one day you are at the top of the field and the next day you just can't get it going,that was always my biggest problem.Regardless,that is some good shooting on a tough course. Congrats to both Rob and matt.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Matt!

Too bad i couldnt be there this weekend...

Man, Frank is lookin GOOD in that picture!!! .....as always
Old 02-09-2008, 10:43 PM
Fork Horn

Well Rob you did better then I would have so job well done. Thanks for posting the pics as well I was there friday and wished I could have came today and meet some of you guys but maybe next time.

It's funny trying to explain to people who just don't get it that allus guys are 'Friends' even though many of us have never met.

I totally agree with that Matt/PA
Old 02-09-2008, 10:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like you guys had a good day. My dad and myself actually shot at Lemmes Archery Shop today(the place Matt works). We had a great time. Good luck tomorrow guys.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

It was great finally meeting all you guys, long overdue in a few cases. I do wish we had better circumstances to hang out under. I watch a lot of the shooting, but once it was over, I tried to see as much of the show as I could, I NEVER imagined it being so big. That really impressed me. 6 hours I spent there.
Looking forward to the next time fellas.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Sounds like a lot of fun guys. We'll try and make it up for this one, next year.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

good shooting guys, and nice to see alot of HNI'ers together
looks like a killer shoot the way its set up. MAN, it took me forever to load the pics on slow phone connection it was worth it.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:34 AM
Typical Buck

It was great to meet up with you jokers. Kidd, my girlfriend wants me to start wearing thatcologne you had on. (weard)

I'm at the hotel nowheaded to Cabelas so gotta run.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good shooting everyone! As usual those are some great pics Rob. It looks like you all had a great time. As others have said, it's nice to see a bunch of guys who got to know each other on a message board hang out and have a good time like they were old friends. Very cool!

Quick Reply: HNI/Harrisburg mini gtg and shoot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.