Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bloodtracking Dog Workshop

Old 02-08-2008, 06:02 PM

Default Bloodtracking Dog Workshop

TRACKFEST 2008

Deer Recovery of PA in conjunction with United Blood Trackers is holding a 3 day Blood Tracking Workshop on April 11, 12, 13, 2008 in Reading Pennsylvania. This workshop is for both beginner and advanced dogs and handlers as well as anyone else just interested in finding out more about the use of Blood Tracking dogs for the recovery of Wounded Big Game. There will be plenty of hands on training in the field for dogs and handlers as well as presentations on topics such as Breed Selection, Working with Puppies and Adolescents, Equipment Choices, GPS Use, and Working with Hunters. The Workshop Instructors will be UBT Judges; John Jeanneney (NY), Larry Golke (WI) and Andy Bensing (PA). The United Blood Trackers will offer testing for UBT-AA and UBT-I throughout the weekend and UBT-II on Sunday. Please check http://www.unitedbloodtrackers.org for more information about testing requirementsand general info about the workshop. UBT-AA and UBT-I do not require pre-registration. If you would like to enter a dog for UBT-II, pre-registration is required.

Early registration is recommended if you want to work your dog. We expect a big turn out and we have plenty of room for everyone but the workshop is limited to 20 dogs.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bloodtracking Dog Workshop

Good info, is that your dog?
Old 02-08-2008, 09:55 PM

Default RE: Bloodtracking Dog Workshop

Yes, that's my dog. He's a wirehair dachshund. The picture is from a deer we found last fall in MD.