Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I hate people who are like this!

Old 02-09-2008, 11:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I hate people who are like this!

i hate em too
Old 02-10-2008, 07:39 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Soap and Schultzy----if your fishing friend needs a little attitude adjustment, I have a friend that will take care of it for you.........

We've now found a use for that UN-lucky bar of soap.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:52 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: KansasBBD

ORIGINAL: ABarOfSoap

Me and this guy were having a conversation about fishing, hes a big fisherman and shark fishes and all things like that, one thing lead to another and i started talking about hunting, he went on to tell me how wrong hunting is and its so unfair to kill a harmless deer, and how there so easy to kill...I meet so many people who are so against hunting yet they fish, and thats perfectly ok because fish arent cute and furry.
Ya because reeling a fish in by the mouth, and throwing him on ice to slowly die is alot more humane.
I dont want to be the devils advocate but fish do not have the brain capacity to feel pain from hooks. I dont know about letting them slowly die, if they can feel suffering though.
I beg to differ on that one. Try fishing for King Mackeral sometime. I've had Kings swim around with menhaden...or bunker/pogies according to what part of the east coast you're on....in their mouths just like any other feeding fish until the drag hits. Once they get two razor sharp treble hooks poked into the roof of their mouth, they are off to the races. Likewise, I've seen Bluefish bite a live bait in half and release it when they felt the treble in their mouth. Blues will leave you with a tail hanging on one treble and a head on the other. Fish feel pain and are intelligent, just ask any mackeral fisherman who's watched a king or spanish swim around his bait because his leader or hooks are too big.

And yes, I fish and hunt. The fishermen I don't like are those who beat small sharks to kill them or toss rays or skates on the deck to die, rather than throw them back. I don't fish for anything I don't eat and I don't hunt for anything I don't eat. If I don't intend to eat it, I either leave it alone to begin with or put it back with as little stress as possible.

And add those who throw cigarette butts and garbage in the ocean. I don't empty my trash in your refrigerator, please don't toss your trash into mine.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Geronimo

This isa very deep philosophical subject that can't be discussed in terms of rationalizations about feeling pain, stewardship, resource management etc. The bald face reality of the matter is that there are a small percentage of people in our modern day society that still have a strong predatory nature working in their lives. Some of which have been able to release this compelling urge through hunting. The others are still looking for their place to be predatory. The vast majority of people in our society are not living by natural law (urbanized) and have lost their predatory nature. They have become extremely passive and that's why fishing, bird hunting and the like are more acceptable forms of being a sportsman in the outdoors. Also, remember when we kill another warm blooded big game animal ( like ourselves) our spirits have soared beyond the mundacity of ordinary modern day behavior.
This is true. It's very simple, if you are an animal and your eyes are located on the sides of your head you are "Prey" and if they are in the front of your head you are a "Predator", we are predators so don't fight it.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

People are so ill informed about hunting, I consistently talk to non hunters about the application process, and they're like what? they have no clue that you can't just go into the woods anywhere, anytime of year and shoot as many deer as you want etc.... No wonder alot of non-hunters have a problem with it, I think once they come to learn we're actually managing populations of game vs. just killing them into extinction they'd be more apt to come around to the idea of hunting. I would think common sense would be that you can't just shoot any animal anytime anywhere, but then again, I guess common sense isn't common enough?
Old 02-10-2008, 12:42 PM

thats there opinion and you got to respect it as a bowhunter.

im very gald theres people thinking like that becuase thats less morons i have to deal with whilebowhunting in thenational forest.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

We should do everything we can to introduce people(urban) to the natural (off the pavement) world. Hopefully, by doing so they too can restore their lost predatory nature and join our ranks of passionate hunters.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Soap and Schultzy----if your fishing friend needs a little attitude adjustment, I have a friend that will take care of it for you.........

DUDE! That's just F&*^in' WRONG!