Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My attempt at video editing....

Old 02-08-2008, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My attempt at video editing....

Justin,

Very nice buddy. I look forward to seeing some more of your videos.

Just a tip - in the future if your going to be videoing a lot, you might want to edit your videos as you get them. Otherwise you will end up pulling all your hair out at the end of the season sorting through all that raw footage! I did that a few years back and by the time i got done with it i didnt even want to look at the stuff! haha

Oh yeah..any idea why my subscriptions are not working. Im not getting any email alerts for PMs or thread responses. PM box isnt full either...any other suggestions?
Old 02-08-2008, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

The problem I had last night was that I had already ripped all my footage onto an external hard drive earlier this year, and then sent it down to Todd at WKP to use in his DVD. I don't have any of it back yet so I had to go through all my tapes, find the parts I wanted, re-rip them onto my computer, then edit. I think that was the worst part.

As for the audio, it seemed alright on my computer but maybe I just had my speakers cranked up all the way. I'll make sure it's a bit louder on the next version.

Mike, I honestly have no idea why your notifications wouldn't be coming through. I'm still getting all of mine okay. Maybe try unsubscribing and then resubscribing?

EDIT - I'm using Sony Vegas 7 to edit.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:43 AM

Could have been my crappy speakers at work? Anyways, I love watching homemade movies more than ones on The Sportsman Channel for the most part. It just seems more real and natural...especially when they are pretty well done.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

andI love seeing the actual shot and impact.
Yep. And if the deer falls in sight -- SHOW IT!!!!!!!!!

My BIGGEST pet peeve with the direction videos are going in the industry. It's a hunting video, for crying out loud -- I want to see them fall!!!

If people don't want to see arrow impact and animals fall, don't buy a HUNTING video!
Old 02-08-2008, 08:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Very nice, enjoyed it very much. Makes me miss the season tho. Great shooting on both your doe but I too had to laugh that Mike tried to stop a stopped deer.[8D]

Great job guys, it's just so much more fun sharing the hunt and capturing it on video!
Old 02-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Typical Buck

awesome clip, now if we can just get about 300 more does killed in Pike Co., we would be in good shape.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

so I had to go through all my tapes, find the parts I wanted, re-rip them onto my computer, then edit.
Ouch...i feel your pain! hahaha! You still did a good job!

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

Mike, I honestly have no idea why your notifications wouldn't be coming through. I'm still getting all of mine okay. Maybe try unsubscribing and then resubscribing?
Ill give that a shot, its driving me crazy! [&:]
Old 02-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very professional.....keep up the filming because it can only get better and better!!!!
Old 02-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man I look like a dork. It was like 80 degrees that day!

Yes... already... I know.. I know... I did try and stop an already stopped deer. Instinct I guess.. I'm not really sure why I did it. She didn't hear it anyway.[&:]

That was my first kill on video.. and a LOT of fun. Everyone should try it.. especially when you got your good pal in the tree with you.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Most excellent job. You made a good shot and didnt go far. I did laugh when you blahed at her though. Great video 2 big thumbs up here.

Quick Reply: My attempt at video editing....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.