Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dumbest hunting item you have ever bought?

Old 02-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Dumbest hunting item you have ever bought?

Hunting License, there aint no deer in Louisiana..................

Actually I killed 5 this year......
Old 02-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Typical Buck

buck bomb.

edit: old buck bomb from walmart...oh and the rattle bag from knight and hale ...i was in a hurry to get to the woods and needed a rattler
Old 02-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Typical Buck

long time ago I bought a "range-finder"that you dial in until the images become one. Sometimes it worked, most of the time it sucked.Walmart, $25 - go figure.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

1992-93 ?..It was the Game Tracker 2500...you know the string that you hooked to the arrow and the bottle fit on the stabalizer mountso you could track a hit deer easier....WHAT was I tinking....

Hay sooner I still have that rangefinder somewhere in the house......Now I want to go fid it ..
Old 02-06-2008, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

I will have to give it to the fighting purr call from Knight and Hale from years ago. For those that don't know, it was two box calls that you were to use and they made an ungodful noise. Probably scared turkeys,
I killed my first turkey when I was 12 or 13 or around there with that call. I remember it was late morning, turkeys had shut up and with hens. My grandpa started calling with those things and they did sound crazy, but in about 5 minutes we had a gobbler on the ground. Turkeys actually do sound like that when they fight (sometimes).

But I will admit, I've never called up another bird with them.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:27 PM

i had the same release, and it was like play russian roulette. my dad thalt i was crazy when i told him about the release, so i had him shoot my bow at the pro shop and it opened up at mid-draw. very scarey
ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

Not sure what he dumbest thing was, maybe a cheap release at Wal-Mart that was on clearance that resulted in 2 errant arrows, because it didn't "let go" like I thought it was supposed to do. It was more like an "anti-release." Thought it would be ok as an emergency back-up, after 2 tries, I scrapped that thing, then again, what should I expect from "ALLEN," and for $3. []
Old 02-06-2008, 06:28 PM

Back in the 70's I was at a sporting goods store buying a tree stand. A baker was about the only stand on the market at that time. The baker was a two piece climber/seat with each piece sold separately. The store only had the two pieces in stock. A customer at the store told me I could save money, if I bought only the seat which attached to one's feet similar to todays climber stands and hugged the tree to climb it.

Well, what did I know I was climbing trees at that time to archery hunt. It was Summer so I took it home all excited and to the backyard...took off my shirt and 20 feet up a cherry tree. Things were OK until I tried to come down the tree. Are you familiar with the bark on a cherry tree? I decended the tree in one motion notstop which removed most of the hair off my chest.

Back to the store to buy the last climber and hoping that customer would still be there so I could share my excitement with him. He wasn't there.

[align=left] [/align]
Old 02-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Typical Buck

OHbowhntr im ROTFLMFAO
Old 02-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Typical Buck

C'mere Deer, Deer Caine, Stump lick'r.....it goes on and on. I've tried all of these and the greatest of all is....CORN. Any attractant I've put on or around corn has ended up being kicked away and just rots. They're all a waste of money around here.

Quick Reply: Dumbest hunting item you have ever bought?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.