Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dumbest hunting item you have ever bought?

Old 02-16-2008, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Dumbest hunting item you have ever bought?

The original Jennings Buckmaster bow. It was my first solo cam bow so I tried it out. Good price and free subscription to Buckmaster's magazine. Wasn't a bad shooting bow except it kicked like a mule and the cams were so thin the string sheared part of the cam one day. Got it repaired and promptly sold it after one month. Not sure which was worse, the bow, the magazine or the fact Buckmasters called me 4-5 times a season trying to get me to renew my subscription.

2nd worse was a dozen arrows I bought, they were so bad I don't remember the name. They were bigger in diameter at the rear and gradually narrowed down at the tip. Brittle arrows too. What was I thinking?
Old 02-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Spike

me and buddy where trying to se who was a better shooter on deer we went out to a locale archery shop and got a pse nov and set it up and one of the thing where that we both had to use that bow and set and we had to use a back tension release it was very cold that day and I had been seting in the stand for about 5 hr when a doe walk up I started to pull the bow back and was about 3/4 when the release went off may face still hurt when i smile and that was 5 year ago I look like I lost a fight with a boxer my wife know grilfriend at the time did not find it funny we were geting married in 1 week [&o]
Old 02-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: huntin nut

me and buddy where trying to se who was a better shooter on deer we went out to a locale archery shop and got a pse nov and set it up and one of the thing where that we both had to use that bow and set and we had to use a back tension release it was very cold that day and I had been seting in the stand for about 5 hr when a doe walk up I started to pull the bow back and was about 3/4 when the release went off may face still hurt when i smile and that was 5 year ago I look like I lost a fight with a boxer my wife know grilfriend at the time did not find it funny we were geting married in 1 week [&o]
Could you write in sentences please?
Old 02-17-2008, 07:46 PM

one of those solid styrofoam block targets from walmart. Arrow went through it on first shot.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

That little box rattler fromLohmans. Supposed to sound like deer fighting but it sounds BAD
Old 02-17-2008, 08:44 PM

we never had any luck with the c'mere deer either, but the stump likker and deer cain worked pretty good, just not exactly as advertised.

i think the worst thing I've ever bought is Gum-o-flage. Im sure it works, but its expensive and i dont think its worth that much
Old 02-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Maryland_Whitetail

ORIGINAL: Dubbya

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

Most definitely, without a doubt, the worst thing I ever bought was the Butt Out tool.

I should have seen it coming...[8D]
I 2nd that... wow what and IDIOT I was!

I have no clue what you guys are talking about, I love the thing.Only saves you maybe 2 minutes but hey, it works as advertised.In, Turn, Pull ,Cut, pretty simple if you ask me.
I watched the video several times and I read the directions. Seemed really simple to me too. In, Turn, Pull, Cut. No problem. Yeah right.

But both times I used it, as I was slowly pulling, the tool ripped open the sides of theanal canal before it pulled free. So now instead of cutting out ONE rectum, I've got this mangled colonand fecal matter everywhere. What a mess. It took me three times longer to gut those deer than it would have if I'd just used my knife.

This happened BOTH times I tried it. After the second time I got ticked off and threw it at my cousin, who was laughing histerically in tears watching me mangle this poor deers colon, all the while trying to keep the feces from contaminating my meat. He's a witty cat too, so the jokes were non-stop. At least we got a good laugh out of it. That's all it was good for.

Without a doubt the worst 10 bucks I ever spent. I'm glad your's worked for you but I can't help but think you got lucky.