Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Harrisburg bow reps?????

Old 02-05-2008, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Harrisburg bow reps?????

[:@]I went to the harrisburg show and my main intention was to be able to test some bows out!
I did not realize I was walking into an all Mathews show????? Whats the deal?? I was really disapointed that I was not going to get the chance to try out the possible new bow I am going to buy this year!!

I did shoot the DXT because well because it was the only thing there!!! I cant compare it to any other bows but I can say that it had a smooth draw, I did not like the backwall at all but this could be due to the draw felt like i needed another 2-3 inches to it, and when I shot completely relaxed it seemed to almost wanna jump out of my hands(once again I dont know if this is due to I am used to shooting with a sling or not)?

Ohhh and the mathews guy was basically a prick!! He didnt like it when I shot it and told him I was keeping my options open.... he told me to go shoot a 1970 bear bow and then choose one! I wanted to tell him that the bear would probably feel better to me then his DXT! Haha
Old 02-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Harrisburg bow reps?????

Mathews are very popular in this state. They always were out west and they get pushed heavily here in SE PA. I don't really know why. Sometimes they get pushed so hard you don't want to shoot one just out of spite, but whatever there are fanboys everywhere.

he told me to go shoot a 1970 bear bow and then choose one!
What the hell did he mean by that?
Old 02-05-2008, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Huntingbry~~I think what he meant from that is that I am being to picky and if I shoot a 1970 style bear bow everything will feel good to me? Thats what I got from it???

Like I said he was a total jackass from the get go!
For example: I shoot a 29'' bow and he handed me a 27'' and when I drew it back he said that it was way too long for me???? My left bow arm was so kinked you couldnt have pushed it in with a mack truck and I had to lean way ahead into the string!! He had the nerve to also tell me to straighten up how am i suppose to straighten up when the string is 2" from my face!!!

He also waited til I drew back and hit the trigger on the release when I wasnt paying attention and told me thats how it should feel?? He also did this to a buddy of mine! I know I am not perfect but I have had to pay attention to release punch since I had to recover from it because of a solid year of shooting techno dart systems a few years back so I am sure I wasnt punching the release!!

Ok sorry for ramblin just had to throw that out there!!
Old 02-05-2008, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ohhh and bry... I know mathews is the big deal around here as well, but why dont some of the other big boys come to the show around here and shut them up!!
Old 02-05-2008, 07:56 PM

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

Ohhh and bry... I know mathews is the big deal around here as well, but why dont some of the other big boys come to the show around here and shut them up!!

$$$

The figure I heard was that mathews spends about $2.3 mil a year on advertising. That's why they're more expensive than many bows and that's why they need to move more bows than other companies (don't shoot the messenger on this one, just some stuff I overheard at the pro-shop the other day)