Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hostage Pro Rest

Old 02-06-2008, 08:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hostage Pro Rest

Ahh ok I understand
Old 02-06-2008, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

Seems very close in design to NAP's QT 360 capture rest... http://www.newarchery.com/#/product
Old 02-06-2008, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

My son has the regular Hostage on his Diamond. The only difference, I think, is that there is no adjustment in the brushes, so there is a little "wiggle" room on the side brushes.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Germ..theres a few showing up on Ebay already. Right and LEFT handed.

Will you be able to shoot helical Fletch with these??
Old 02-06-2008, 08:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

All three brushes sit on "ramped" adjustments that allow them to be slid up and down along the ramp's length -- which in turn moves the bristles in and out. This allows the user to adjust the bristles so that all three equally and uniformly contact the arrow shaft at the same time.

If the two on top didn't contact at the same time, it would allow leeway for "wobble" as the shaft shot out of the rest; by having them contact all at once, you get the benefit of the Whisker Biscuit's "full containment" theory, but in a much more highly adjustable platform -- and without the disadvantages of the fletching contact.
One of the biggest misconceptions about the WB is that you want a nice "tight" fit.............You don't (not in archery anyways )

My fear with the Hostage is that to get proper function you will lose containment........possibly enough to even have the arrow slip off left or right (in between the bristles)......not sure though.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:15 AM

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Germ..theres a few showing up on Ebay already. Right and LEFT handed.

Will you be able to shoot helical Fletch with these??
Negative. They have the original on ebay, not the Pro.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: atlasman

All three brushes sit on "ramped" adjustments that allow them to be slid up and down along the ramp's length -- which in turn moves the bristles in and out. This allows the user to adjust the bristles so that all three equally and uniformly contact the arrow shaft at the same time.

If the two on top didn't contact at the same time, it would allow leeway for "wobble" as the shaft shot out of the rest; by having them contact all at once, you get the benefit of the Whisker Biscuit's "full containment" theory, but in a much more highly adjustable platform -- and without the disadvantages of the fletching contact.
One of the biggest misconceptions about the WB is that you want a nice "tight" fit.............You don't (not in archery anyways )

My fear with the Hostage is that to get proper function you will lose containment........possibly enough to even have the arrow slip off left or right (in between the bristles)......not sure though.
I don't think my son has dropped an arrow to either side yet, and the Pro will allow you to tighten the clearances even more, so I don't think that is likely.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I didn't say "tight". Tight would impart drag on the arrow.

But this is one of the reasons you DO want the bristles adjusted right up to the point of making contact with the shaft.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:44 AM

ORIGINAL: Gundeck

ORIGINAL: atlasman

I don't think my son has dropped an arrow to either side yet, and the Pro will allow you to tighten the clearances even more, so I don't think that is likely.
I wouldn't want all three sets in contact (that tight).......common problem people have with the WB is buying one that doesn't fit right.

I'm sure the Hostage will shoot fine........other WB copies as well.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:46 AM

I didn't say "tight". Tight would impart drag on the arrow.

But this is one of the reasons you DO want the bristles adjusted right up to the point of making contact with the shaft.

Not at the expense of arrow flight...........a properly fitted WB does not have all bristles in contact with the arrow.

Quick Reply: Hostage Pro Rest

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.