Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hostage Pro Rest

Old 02-06-2008, 07:20 AM

Default RE: Hostage Pro Rest

I am interested in this new rest as well. Whoever gets their hands on one, be sure to post results!
Old 02-06-2008, 07:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sweet

Finally someone shows the lefties some love.

Greg have you ran an arrow accross one yet? I am sure they did some testing. Most important part of a rest to me is how much noise it makes when pull your bow back. It could be the greatest rest since slice bread, but if it's noisy, it's worthless in by book
Old 02-06-2008, 07:24 AM

Slow down there captain Hooters. I am a righty (thank God!). I do want to know about the noise and performance!
Old 02-06-2008, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have not, Germ... I held them and admired their craftsmanship (seriously) at the ATA, but I haven't shot one yet.

Like you, that will be the determining factor for me as well. Like I said, I'm thinking of putting one on my new Allegiance for my next elk trip this coming fall, but if it makes a scraping sound as I draw, I'll revert back to my trusty Zero Effect.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Anybody shoot one yet?
I'd rather shoot my bag target.

How noise is it?
I didn't hear a peep out ofa single onelying on the tables in our booth at the ATA show.

I just realized you were dising me twice

Ok lets try this again

Does the rest make noticble noise when an arrow is drawn on the rest?

Has anybody shot an arrow with this rest?
Why would you draw an arrow on the rest? Isn't the camo sufficient decoration? And wouldn't you shoot a rest with an arrow? I just can't see the ballistics of a rest being very sound.

(Sorry, couldn't help myself, Germ!)
Old 02-06-2008, 07:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Old 02-06-2008, 07:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ok what is this pick on me week

I cannot wait totry the Hostage pro, from what I can see it has a little something the arrow sits on. I circled it in white. From what I can tell is the arrow does not rest against the side brushes. They seem to be there to "guide" arrow if it gets off track.

Am I understanding this right?

Old 02-06-2008, 07:49 AM

Looks like it...and congrats on your "Paint" skills!
Old 02-06-2008, 07:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

All three brushes sit on "ramped" adjustments that allow them to be slid up and down along the ramp's length -- which in turn moves the bristles in and out. This allows the user to adjust the bristles so that all three equally and uniformly contact the arrow shaft at the same time.

If the two on top didn't contact at the same time, it would allow leeway for "wobble" as the shaft shot out of the rest; by having them contact all at once, you get the benefit of the Whisker Biscuit's "full containment" theory, but in a much more highly adjustable platform -- and without the disadvantages of the fletching contact.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

But you're right in that the weight of the arrow will ride along the bottom bristles. But you still want the side bristles making contact so as not to allow wobble during the firing of the bow.

Quick Reply: Hostage Pro Rest

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.