Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hostage Pro Rest

Old 02-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hostage Pro Rest

Kyle here is the thing about limb driver. Where I hunt I fear I am going to get the cable snag on something. Being I climb up 6 feet of river back I need a rest with less stuff on it.

It looks to me this rest is going to do what i want.I have looked attwo others

Flipper drop-away
Whammy Drop-Away

My choice would be the whammy, but no LH model being made.
From what I have witness with the flipper is it has morecontact with fletching than the WB[:@]and no LH models
Old 02-05-2008, 07:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks, Germ... that was in honor of you

I'll check on the left-hand version for you... I started to say no, but that was the Crimson Trace laser grip I was thinking of.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Anybody shoot one yet?
I'd rather shoot my bag target.

How noise is it?
I didn't hear a peep out ofa single onelying on the tables in our booth at the ATA show.

I just realized you were dising me twice

Ok lets try this again

Does the rest make noticble noise when an arrow is drawn on the rest?

Has anybody shot an arrow with this rest?
Old 02-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Old 02-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

LOL... I'm STILL chuckling...

Like Pat said, they won't start shipping for a few more weeks. The product is ready, but there was a hold-up on packaging. I do plan on getting one though and putting it through its paces this summer.

I'm thinking of ordering another Allegiance and putting this rest on for my next elk-hunting trip.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

LOL... I'm STILL chuckling...

Like Pat said, they won't start shipping for a few more weeks. The product is ready, but there was a hold-up on packaging. I do plan on getting one though and putting it through its paces this summer.

I'm thinking of ordering another Allegiance and putting this rest on for my next elk-hunting trip.
Well if it works out I plan on putting one on all 4 bows

ROSS Cardiac
ROSS 337
Hoyt CyberTec
Elite GTO

If they make them LH[8D]
Old 02-05-2008, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

Kyle here is the thing about limb driver. Where I hunt I fear I am going to get the cable snag on something. Being I climb up 6 feet of river back I need a rest with less stuff on it.
Not pushing limbdriver and it looks like you have made up your mind but......I went through some pretty thick stuff a number of times this past season and even when cables (string, cables or limbdriver cable)did snag it was no problem. If the limbdriver is installed correctly the cable won't budge and nothing will bend. I had more trouble with my bow string snagging than the limbdriver because the bow string is on the "outside" and the limbdriver cable is on the "inside" (between riser and bowstring).

I bet you'll get one when they come out in treestand camo .
Old 02-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

ORIGINAL: Germ

Not pushing limbdriver and it looks like you have made up your mind but......I went through some pretty thick stuff a number of times this past season and even when cables (string, cables or limbdriver cable)did snag it was no problem. If the limbdriver is installed correctly the cable won't budge and nothing will bend. I had more trouble with my bow string snagging than the limbdriver because the bow string is on the "outside" and the limbdriver cable is on the "inside" (between riser and bowstring).

I bet you'll get one when they come out in treestand camo .
I was hoping someone would post about that, I would have, but I just got it. I've heard this very thing from many people.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well my mind can be changed guys, I will take a look.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Or you can put a Hostage Pro on all four of those bows you mentioned since it comes in left-handed versions as well.

Quick Reply: Hostage Pro Rest

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.