Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How often??

Old 02-05-2008, 05:13 PM

Default How often??

How often do you shoot in the off season? I will try to shoot at least2 times aweek this year and maybe a little more if time will allow me too..and then as the season gets closer around Aug I will shoot about 4 times a week and then in Sept , it will be about 5 -6 days a week. However, I don't shoot for a long period of time, maybe 20 mins.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How often??

I'd say once or twice a week I actually practice.

But I try to shoot at least one or two arrows every day in the basement, just to keep the feel.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

right now once or twice a week . when it gets warmer and i get outside more 3 to 4 times
by august about 5 times a week but like you only for 20 minutes
Old 02-05-2008, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

Off season?

I'll shoot my bowfishing bow a couple hundred times during the weekends pretty much all summer. My hunting rig usually gets ignored until September. This year I need to shoot the hunting rig a lot more to work my bum shoulder back into shape. (crosses fingers)

Old 02-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Dominant Buck

THIS off-season......a LOT (4-5 times a week).
Old 02-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

At least a couple of times a week

Dan
Old 02-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

when its warm out and there is lots of daylight I shoot anywhere from 2 to 7 times a week, depending on what my schedule allows. with it being cold and dark by the time I get done with school and work I don't get to shoot much outside. I have been shooting in my basement lately, its only about 10 paces but at the very least it lets me work on my form and mechanics. Plus I'm still getting used to this new bow so every little bit helps.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Depends on what you call the off-season. I like shooting my bows and as such I consider hunting season the off-season. That's when my bows spend most of their time hanging around on some bow hook instead ofbeing shot.

Now if you're talking about theother ten monthsof the year then I'd say about 3-4 times a week during the winter and 5 days a week during the spring through fall, up to hunting season. I probably average 50 shots per session, at least.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:59 PM

every day
Old 02-05-2008, 06:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

about a month ago i started shooting atleast every saturday.

once the weather breaks, i will be shooting atleast 2-3x a week....summer, i shoot 7 days a week so long as im home...usually 7x a week from mid may till the season though....

when the season starts, i shoot 3x a week...

going to college complicates things....im only home weekends to shoot...this summer will be real interested being i am most likely working out of state...dont know how im going to work that out...i know i can take my bow...but 1 job i will be 30 miles from the hard road the guy that called me said...figure if i get his permission i can shoot right there in the wildlife refuge, but highly doubt USFW will let me do that...just a guess, i will ask though if i get that job lol...just really up in the air...thats why as soon as the weather breaks i will be shooting every chance i get, tuning up the bow, fine tuning the pins...then if i really have to put the bow away from mid may till mid aug, i just gotta come home and find my anchor points and get back into it...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.