Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Biscuit accuracy past 20 yards.......WAY past

Old 02-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit accuracy past 20 yards.......WAY past

I didnt read all 8 pages but that's some good shooting! Though I doubt it is 136 yards, it is still a hell of a long shot.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:11 AM

I just switched from a WB to a QAD Ultra Hunter. Tried a few little experiments where I was deliberately trying to induce hand torque to the bow during the shot. I found my shots didn't stray half as much with the drop away. With perfect form, however, I shot some real tight groups with the WB. Even at long range.

One of my buddies is a world class bow shot. Has Robin Hooded so many arrows it's almost funny. He hit a prairie dog, on video, in the heart at 80 yards back in August - first shot. Using a WB. But he also missed a wild turkey at 30 yards - shooting froma cramped position in a ground blind. I'm sure there was some lack of forgiveness issue at work here. He went to a drop away as well in the past month.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Geez, If people were to attack other members on this site the way atlas was attacked, you get called a little clique that doesn't like him.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Who attacked Atlas?
Old 02-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Fork Horn

Who let all the bickering school children on the bowhunting forum?
Old 02-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Fork Horn

The whiskers hurt vanes but how can you not like them? They are worry free in the woods.
Let's see, reasons I don't like the WB after using it for 2 seasons:
1)Getting busted while trying to draw on a deer.
2)multiple expensive trips to the bow shop for vanes and retuning my bow.
3)false sence of security. The arrow doesn't fall off the rest but I was always crushing the arrow into the bristles.
4)shot different in different weather conditions and temps.
5)my 3" group with the WB immediately turned into a 1.5" group when I switched to a drop away. The spring steel rest I had prior to the WB I also shot better groups.
6)According to my crony, the WB lost 3-4 FPS AT THE BOW. and 20-25 fps at 25 yards. Add that data with my paper tuning data and it takes longer to stabilize an arrow using the WB rest
7)A left handed Wb replacement biscuit cost me $5 more than a right handed replacement. I'm not even convinced there is a difference. It is also conceivable that there isn't a difference, but should be, which may explain making more noise and being less accurate for me as a left hander...?
8)last but not least, I've been testing out FOB's and so far I like what I'm seeing and FOB's will not go through a WB.

There is no doubt in my mind that my groups are better with a drop away than a WB and my arrows are stabilizing faster and carrying more KE down range and with a lot fewer trips to the bow shop. I have no idea how my set up would group at 136 yards, I don't think I can even see that far!

Old 02-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: wack

The whiskers hurt vanes but how can you not like them? They are worry free in the woods.
Let's see, reasons I don't like the WB after using it for 2 seasons:
1)Getting busted while trying to draw on a deer.
2)multiple expensive trips to the bow shop for vanes and retuning my bow.
3)false sence of security. The arrow doesn't fall off the rest but I was always crushing the arrow into the bristles.
4)shot different in different weather conditions and temps.
5)my 3" group with the WB immediately turned into a 1.5" group when I switched to a drop away. The spring steel rest I had prior to the WB I also shot better groups.
6)According to my crony, the WB lost 3-4 FPS AT THE BOW. and 20-25 fps at 25 yards. Add that data with my paper tuning data and it takes longer to stabilize an arrow using the WB rest
7)A left handed Wb replacement biscuit cost me $5 more than a right handed replacement. I'm not even convinced there is a difference. It is also conceivable that there isn't a difference, but should be, which may explain making more noise and being less accurate for me as a left hander...?
8)last but not least, I've been testing out FOB's and so far I like what I'm seeing and FOB's will not go through a WB.

There is no doubt in my mind that my groups are better with a drop away than a WB and my arrows are stabilizing faster and carrying more KE down range and with a lot fewer trips to the bow shop. I have no idea how my set up would group at 136 yards, I don't think I can even see that far!
Wack what have you done
Old 02-06-2008, 01:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Badger_Girl93

Who let all the bickering school children on the bowhunting forum?
Good Question shouldn't you be there??
Old 02-06-2008, 01:20 PM

I never used one before, but worked in a pro shop and had lot of friends try them and they all give them up real fast and would go back to there old rest or get a drop away rest. Not because of not being accurate, but because there vane look like crap after shooting the wb. I have seen every kind of rest made and they all shot good out to 80 yards at field tournament . I have seen even arrow that are hitting the rest shoot great groups at 80 yards as long they were shot the same way every time. I seen a lots light arrow shoot great groups at 80 yards and not on a very good days in the wind and rain. All that video showed me in you had a very good shot shooting a arrow that is coming out of the bow the same way every time. Hell I shot a 297 out of 300 once out at 60 yards with a light arrow, a flipper rest, button and fingers. That was with some wind too.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Fork Horn

Gotta love the "debate free" attitudes.

This guy is an incredible shot regardless of what he has in his hands. I'd like to see him shoot 100+ yards with a recurve though!!

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit accuracy past 20 yards.......WAY past

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.