Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Biscuit accuracy past 20 yards.......WAY past

Old 02-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit accuracy past 20 yards.......WAY past

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Big,those last couple inches are really the ones that matter imo,that is when all the things that happened on the shot will show up,ie,torque,dropped arm etc.

I don't think ANYONE is fast enough to move their hand in any way to effect the arrow flight in the three or so inches after the arrow nock leaves the string but before it clears the rest. Your hand would have HAD to be moving well before that happened.

We're talking fractions of a second here.....milliseconds in time, our reflexes are just not fast enough. They did a show about catching an arrow on Myth Busters and they found out it was not possible...not with human reflexes, and they even had the hand (mechanical) start to close even before the arrow was shot. It just couldn't be done. I cant see how anyonecan START to move their hand, wrist, arm etc... right at the time the arrow leaves the string and impart ANY adverse movement to the arrow before it clears the rest....about 3in of arrow. I ain't buying that.

No, if your torquing or dropping your bow arm, not following through etc...this is all happening BEFORE the arrow leaves the string and will effect anyones shot regardless of the type of rest they are using.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Agreed,it will affect anyones shot,not disputing that,but how much is the question.

According to you there is no difference in the forgiveness of a deflex riser verses a reflex riser but there clearly is a difference.If the time is so small,why would it matter?

Have you ever seen anyone shoot and their bow kicks to the left at the shot.I would have to assume that would be a nightmare of a situation for a wb but again,my biggest concern with them is the tuning.Which also gets into forgiveness but I am not getting into that.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me nor do I want them too,that would be too boring[8D]

It just isn't a rest that fits everyones needs and everytime I have messed with one,it let me down in a big way all on the tuning end.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

EXCELLENT SHOT!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: Ratus

I find it funny
That's how HNI works...........90% of the replies are directed towards the author and not the topic. That is why this site has more arguing then information........and a bowhunting section full of useless threads that have nothing to do with bowhunting.

It's really more of a chat room then anything else these days.

I would have to agree with you on this, total chat room, to many quality posts go to the way side and unanswered because of useless posts that have nothing to do with actual bowhunting! This forum turned into a tech, review and 3d forum as of late, kind of a bummer!
Old 02-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Site Bouncer

According to you there is no difference in the forgiveness of a deflex riser verses a reflex riser but there clearly is a difference.If the time is so small,why would it matter?
The "forgiveness" difference between the risers has more to do with their geometry and not with time the arrow spends on the string. The short brace height is a by product of placing the limb pockets further forward from the grip. THAT'S what makes a reflex riser harder or "less forgiving" to shoot not thetime the arrow spends on the string. They're more prone to torque than a deflex riser design, thus will amplify poor form more so than a deflex riser design (generally speaking).

It just isn't a rest that fits everyones needs
This I agree with.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Big,there's more to the deflex riser than just being harder totorque(which they are),the effects the torque has to the arrow while the arrow is on the string is part of it as well.

On a deflex riser,the arrow leaves the string sooner,making the effects of a bad shot less critical but still critical.If you have a wb on that bow,the wb nullifies somethe positives of the deflex riser imo.

I am not talking big differences,the bigger differences show up in the tuning.Again,IMO

Had fun,I gotta go to bed.[8D]

Old 02-05-2008, 10:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

OH,and we almost made 10 pages in ONE night.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:07 PM
Site Bouncer

Later bud!
Old 02-05-2008, 11:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

EXCELLENT SHOT!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: Ratus

I find it funny
That's how HNI works...........90% of the replies are directed towards the author and not the topic. That is why this site has more arguing then information........and a bowhunting section full of useless threads that have nothing to do with bowhunting.

It's really more of a chat room then anything else these days.

I would have to agree with you on this, total chat room, to many quality posts go to the way side and unanswered because of useless posts that have nothing to do with actual bowhunting! This forum turned into a tech, review and 3d forum as of late, kind of a bummer!
You got that right BHF!
Old 02-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Fork Horn

i still wont give up my hostage rest
Old 02-06-2008, 01:31 AM

Big,those last couple inches are really the ones that matter imo,that is when all the things that happened on the shot will show up,ie,torque,dropped arm etc.
Isn't that true for drop aways aswell??........only you are now talking about the time the rest falls to when it leaves the string.No support or guidance other then the string at that point and surely the above willshow up just as dramatically.......won't they?......perhaps even moreso depending onhow quickly the rest drops. Some of the footage on theSpot Hogg website shows morethen half the arrow running by with no support...........if gravity can't even act that faston more then half an arrow then how dramatic would the things you mentioned haveto be to act on amere3-4 inches?

I don't think the WB or a drop away willbe the rate limiting factor in that situation........if it's even possible at all.

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit accuracy past 20 yards.......WAY past

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.