Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Biscuit accuracy past 20 yards.......WAY past

Old 02-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit accuracy past 20 yards.......WAY past

7)The replacement biscuit will fit both right or left handed models...it's the same biscuit. It's the plastic frame and mount that's different.
BigJ , If a replacement biscuit fits both right and left handed models, then why do they sell a left and a right handed replacement? And why is the left handed replacement $5 more? In the 2 years I used WB, I replaced the biscuit 4 times. I baught them from 2 different stores, 1 pro shop, and Gander Mountain. If both are the same but just marked right handed and left handed, then it's pretty dirty to charge the extra $5.

3)Great sense of security, my arrow has never fallen off the rest, even when it gets pushed into the bristles it pops back into place without even touching it.
I used Easton Axis arrows. and I've had them NOT go back to the middle. once while hunting. It's even worse than having an arrow fall off spring forks.
I also had 1 of the 4 biscuits that was noisier than the other 3 and did get busted drawing from 15 yards away.

Choosing the correct size WB was also an interesting remark. The bow shop I baught my first WB from sold me the big diameter for aluminum arrows when I was using Axis shafts. When I couldn't get that to work out, I replaced it with the correct size. I think the bigger diameter actually shot better groups.
And as far as FOB's, I'm still testing them. I got a few just before season started and didn't have enough time to see if they were worthy of hunting with. Apparently bigj has tested them and determined that they are junk. Why are they junk? Is it because they take 2 seconds to install? Is it because they're faster and carry more KE down range? Is it because they blow away Blazers (or should I say the wind blows away Blazers and all other vanes) in heavy wind? This guy is amazingly shooting 136 yards with vanes and A WB. If he was shooting A drop away with FOB's he could do the same groups with a stiff cross wind. He wouldn't need the "perfect evening" for this demonstration. lol

I don't like the WB but there are worse rests out there. I used it 2 years, I killed every deer I shot at except the 1 that my arrow got crushed to the left and didn't return to the center for. They do work. I hunt and practice year around from 90 degrees to -35 degree wind chills (last week) , I've hunted and practiced in rain, sleet, freezing rain, hail and snow. There were days that I could robin hood with the WB and days I had to compinsate for it. I haven't found the perfect rest yet, but I know for me that it's not the WB. If it makes you feel better, I like the WB better than the Drop Zone.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:39 PM

I never had any significant problems with arrows falling into the bristles of the WB until I started shooting the Axis shafts. These slim arrows seem to be worse about getting down into the bristles - at exactly the worst possible time.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

135yd pin......pin #11 on my bow....pin 12 is 140yds. haha.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Dominant Buck

It could happen.....right????

Old 02-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I got to have one who makes it and how much?
Old 02-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: wack

7)The replacement biscuit will fit both right or left handed models...it's the same biscuit. It's the plastic frame and mount that's different.
BigJ , If a replacement biscuit fits both right and left handed models, then why do they sell a left and a right handed replacement? And why is the left handed replacement $5 more? In the 2 years I used WB, I replaced the biscuit 4 times. I baught them from 2 different stores, 1 pro shop, and Gander Mountain. If both are the same but just marked right handed and left handed, then it's pretty dirty to charge the extra $5.

3)Great sense of security, my arrow has never fallen off the rest, even when it gets pushed into the bristles it pops back into place without even touching it.
I used Easton Axis arrows. and I've had them NOT go back to the middle. once while hunting. It's even worse than having an arrow fall off spring forks.
I also had 1 of the 4 biscuits that was noisier than the other 3 and did get busted drawing from 15 yards away.

Choosing the correct size WB was also an interesting remark. The bow shop I baught my first WB from sold me the big diameter for aluminum arrows when I was using Axis shafts. When I couldn't get that to work out, I replaced it with the correct size. I think the bigger diameter actually shot better groups.
And as far as FOB's, I'm still testing them. I got a few just before season started and didn't have enough time to see if they were worthy of hunting with. Apparently bigj has tested them and determined that they are junk. Why are they junk? Is it because they take 2 seconds to install? Is it because they're faster and carry more KE down range? Is it because they blow away Blazers (or should I say the wind blows away Blazers and all other vanes) in heavy wind? This guy is amazingly shooting 136 yards with vanes and A WB. If he was shooting A drop away with FOB's he could do the same groups with a stiff cross wind. He wouldn't need the "perfect evening" for this demonstration. lol

I don't like the WB but there are worse rests out there. I used it 2 years, I killed every deer I shot at except the 1 that my arrow got crushed to the left and didn't return to the center for. They do work. I hunt and practice year around from 90 degrees to -35 degree wind chills (last week) , I've hunted and practiced in rain, sleet, freezing rain, hail and snow. There were days that I could robin hood with the WB and days I had to compinsate for it. I haven't found the perfect rest yet, but I know for me that it's not the WB. If it makes you feel better, I like the WB better than the Drop Zone.

Wack,

The actual biscuit itself is reversible, it's the plastic housing that's not. I would have saved the extra 5 bucks and purchased the right handed replacement biscuit took the biscuit out of the housing and put into your existing rest....simple.

I like to use a slightly bigger opening when I can. I'd much rather have it a little loose than too tight. It's when the opening is too tight is where most have problems (IMHO)

I've never had an arrow get stuck in the bristles, I just put an arrow into my bow (just now) and smashed it over....it popped right back. Maybe it's my arrows....I'm using Easton Axis 300ST's in Realtree.

As far as the FOB's go.....no I haven't tested them and I don't plan on it either. As far as I'm concerned they are just another gimmick, have fun with them all you want. I'll stick with feathers and vanes thank you.

I'd love to see an arrow with a FOB fly straight on a 130yd shot in a "stiff crosswind" as you put it.Give me a break! a .300 Winchester Mag will drift at that yardage in a stiff crosswind and it's bullet is far more aerodynamic and traveling at 3000+ fps!!!

See you spew crap like that and expect me (or anybody else) to believe anything else you say?? A long slow moving projectile like an arrow will be effected by the wind NO MATTER WHAT IS ON THE BACK END OF IT. Hell it would drift even if it had no fletching at all. You gotta stop listening to the advertisements and start imputing some common sense.

You can like or dislike ANY rest you want and you can use any rest you want, don't worry about making me "feel better" I feel just fine.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I'd need like a 1/64" peep[8D]
Old 02-06-2008, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Piece of junk, the bubble is not even level in the promotional picture
Old 02-06-2008, 11:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

My comp. shows the video a little jumpy but it looked to me like he was moving a lot. Groups at that distance would require eithor a perfect steady release or lots of luck. Has anyone tested the wb in wet freezing weather or in sub zero cold? I was told that plastic veins fly erratic in extreme cold. any truth to this?
I dont doubt the video but I would like to see the test done with a mechaically shot bow in an indoor controlled environment before making any accuracy conclusions.

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit accuracy past 20 yards.......WAY past

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.