Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
300 acres
25.81%
700 acres
74.19%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

what would you rather have?

Old 02-02-2008, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what would you rather have?

i ll take the Prime 300, Its gonna be cheaper, and 300acres is more than plenty for one bowhunter. well for me anyway.

I can see it either way though
Old 02-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

300 acres with the genetics!
Old 02-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've thought of this before, one thing I have to mention, is those great counties of the nation, many hunters come from all over this nation to shoot a 150-170" deer, therefore, and sure quite a few monsters above that are shot too, though, true monsters/world records I tend to think come out of lesser known areas, so genetics are one thing if the 700 piece has no chance of growing a monster.....id take the 300, though if you have the 300 and want to grow a world record well, you may have less chance of shooting that 170+ in a great area than you you would in a lesser known area where there might be less pressure.....and you can let him grow up. My feelings here in IL are that you won't see a world record come out of the golden triangle....ie Pike, adams brown counties simply because of this, the pressure is too great, even though many are trophy hunters letting them grow, they see a 170 and he's going down! even if he's only a 2.5 or 3.5year old. So if you're looking to grow monsters, and the area still has some quality deer I'd prob go for the 700, but if youre comparing no genetic 700 acres vs 300acres in prime country, then maybe id take the 300, also if you just wanna harvest quality deer, either would probably work out.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Typical Buck

700 of course more room.