Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

would you do this to a bow

Old 02-01-2008, 09:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: would you do this to a bow

I might need to add that I am a tool maker and have a 20 years experience with this kind of stuff,along with an engineering degree.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good job on the fixin hope you can get a great deal on it.........Turkey hunting you say...heck KY aint got no turkeys [&:] We will try and do that yankey town shoot this year
Old 02-01-2008, 10:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

How many turkeys did wb MISS at H&H.

I am picking up my new sight tomorrow I hope.Definately will be making a showing at Blackhawk this year.No shoulder excuses either,my shoulder is crap also.[8D]

Hope my softball and baseball schedule allows me some shooting time,as well as my shoulder.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

I dont think they were shooting at them, i think they were chasing thim if i remember right Speaking of the shoulder, I got a cortozone shot in it a couple days ago, i felt like i got hit by a mack truck for a day after, but now it feels great, aint nothing like a medicine fix [&:]I even lifted today and felt great. The sports season is coming, i predict alot of traveling what i bolded below is a shoulder excuse [8D]
ORIGINAL: TFOX

How many turkeys did wb MISS at H&H.

I am picking up my new sight tomorrow I hope.Definately will be making a showing at Blackhawk this year.No shoulder excuses either,my shoulder is crap also.[8D]

Hope my softball and baseball schedule allows me some shooting time,as well as my shoulder.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not an excuse if I don't need to use it.[8D]

I really need to get me one of those shots.[:-]
Old 02-02-2008, 04:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice work but keep it to protect yourself. Once you let it go you loose control of it.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:06 AM
dws

I wouldn't be afraid of it either for myself TFOX. If the bend starts to go back in at 70 lbs. you could try a little preload of bend the opposite direction from where you started.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I might need to add that I am a tool maker and have a 20 years experience with this kind of stuff,along with an engineering degree.
Then you know that riser was probably straightened when it came off the milling machine tocorrect the stress relief warpage.

I wouldn't have any problem shooting the bow and I don't think the bend will come back. But, like you, I consider it a salvage job and it should not be sold.I think since you repaired it, at the very least the riser is yours. If he doesn't see it that way, bend the freakin' thing back again and let him sell it for scrap.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: dws

I wouldn't be afraid of it either for myself TFOX. If the bend starts to go back in at 70 lbs. you could try a little preload of bend the opposite direction from where you started.
I was trying to do that and was having some trouble getting that much bend in it.The furniture clamp I was using has a straight handle and I had to use a pair of pliers to turn it.I need a big c-clamp to take it further but at this point,don't see the need in putting the extra stress in it,it will only move so many times before it could reall be an issue.

Arthur.I did notice there were pads on the side of the riser that looked like they were designed to be there for a reason.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ArrowMike

Sorry, but no I would not. I feel the riser has been stressed and should be scraped out.
That's my thoughts also!

Dan