Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Archery work shop

Old 02-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Archery work shop

Hey....If you guys don't mind...

Anyone who's furred out your walls....and you have CMU walls.....how'd you do it? Drill in? Powder actuated tool?

I don't want to compormise my CMU walls if I don't have to.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Anyone who's furred out your walls....and you have CMU walls.....how'd you do it? Drill in? Powder actuated tool?

I just used "pin" nails in the mortar joints.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome room's everyone. Starting working on mine. Here is the bench I built...

I worked on the room last weekend. Have to get some pictures and post those too.

Old 02-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just framed mine in like new construction. No nails or glue in the foundation walls.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I WANT ONE OF THEM GOATS!

Nice shops, guys.....really nice.

Edit: After thinking about this....and talking to my wife, briefly....I think I'd rather got this route in my basement....than fully finishing a room, there. I can get out MUCH cheaper this route....AND I get something functional. I HAVE to become self-sufficient at the tech. side or archery....and I could equip this area pretty nicely for not a big investment.

Greg/MO gave me a link to a small press the other day....but I'd like to know if you guys have any "can't live without" items in your shops.

This is a great thread.....and it's sparked me.
Here is looking into my man cave from man room...
Old 02-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Greg/MO gave me a link to a small press the other day....but I'd like to know if you guys have any "can't live without" items in your shops.
The vise is probably up there too... makes it real nice to have both hands free when tying in my nocksets and d-loops (as can be seen in the instructional thread at the top of the tech forum).

I really love the lasers and levels, but I wouldn't call them a must-have. They really help to build confidence in your initial setup, but I've set up so many now that I can pretty much eyeball centershot and everything when first putting the rest on and fine-tune from there through walk-back and broadhead tuning.

The G5 arrow-squaring device is pretty cool, and if you order the Cabela's cutoff saw, do like I did and spring for the Apple rollers that fit right on top so that you can spin-test all your broadheads and check insert installation..

Hmmm... what else? A good set of Allen wrenches... You also need a good scale for checking draw weight. I'm going from total memory here and these are the biggies that jump out at me right now. Oh, a good collection of Bic lighters (for burning the ends of serving and d-loops among other knot ends...

That's it for now.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great thread guys. Giving me some great ideas as I work on mine. Here are some updated pictures...

Old 02-05-2008, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Slowlly but surelly,Getting there,looking good..
like the Bow rack..
Old 02-05-2008, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks. My dad built the bow rack years ago. It had doors originally, but it became too much of a pain to take the bows off everytime I need something.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Something like that would look good where my bows are hanging(see pic)then I could hang a CB on each side with my trad bows right nxt to the bow rack.......Looks like I will be getting some 1x2's and a 4x4 piece of panel tomorow and do some building......

Quick Reply: Archery work shop

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.