Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NJ Monster Buck Update....Its a Fraud...

Old 02-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default NJ Monster Buck Update....Its a Fraud...

Ok so I saw the post about the NJ monster buck and was amazed! I lived and hunted in NJ for 15 years before moving out of state so this definitly caught my attention. I called some of my hunting buddies in NJ and asked why I haven't heard about and how come this happend a week ago and its just leaking out. The answer was simple....its not an "official" deer that can be scored. It was a pen raised deer that was released on a 100 acre "preserve." The guy paid around $15,000 in fees to take this deer. Here's confirmation, the pic of the guy and his deer on the preserves website.
http://www.mountaintrailwhitetails.com/
i was bummed when I heard the news but oh well
Old 02-01-2008, 01:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: NJ Monster Buck Update....Its a Fraud...

Well that sucks.[:'(]

See guys, there are no big bucks in NJ that aren't behind a fence. STAY OUT!
Old 02-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

i don't like to be too negative on here, but i think hight fence hunting is a joke. if you have to pay all that money, and hunt in a closed inviornment with raised deer, you just didn't have what it takes to be called a real "hunter", you are now a deer harvester. some of us loose the spirit of what hunting when we do such things just to say i have a bigger deer than you.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Fork Horn

I agree Vmartin. My dad and I have been talking about saving up $5-6k to go on a Saskatchawan hunt or the likes of that for years now. This guy just dropped $15k to hunt 100 acres where according to the site, you are guarenteed to be 5-20 yards of a trophy. I would love to take that money and go on 2 or 3 "real" hunts in Canada or the midwest and take my chances at a wild trophy where there is a very good chance you may get skunked. Can't see how you can brag about taking a pen raised deer.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

This so called want to be hunter isn't a hunter but a killer. I bet he couldn't go out and hunt like real hunters could, that is why he paid as much as he did and killed it in a cage, and yes 100 acres or whatever the amount of acres it maybe, it is a cage hunt. This person and the place is a disgrace to us real hunters and the sport we all love.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Like I said it's all about location

plus he over paid, site states 2000 and up for over 140''[&:]
Old 02-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Bartender

Well dang.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-01-2008, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

if that is a 200" deer he paid over $30,000 for it! Just look at the prices and do the math! Thats sad! And then to show it off![:'(]
Old 02-01-2008, 03:07 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: NJ Monster Buck Update....Its a Fraud...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.