Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help Me Pick New Vanes

Old 02-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default Help Me Pick New Vanes

I cant decide what vanes to put on my soon to be new carbon express Rebel arrows. I have always shot the vanes that come on the arrows the 4 inch with the4 degree right offset. I keep hearing about these Blazer and quick spin vanes and how there are better. So I am wondering what the advantages to using these compared to the regular vanes. Will this affect my shooting or anything else with my bow. I shoot 100 grain Muzzy 3 blades and have a Golden Key TM Hunter rest. If I get the Blazers do I still get them set at a4 degree right offset. If I stay with the traditional 4 inch vanes is there any recomendations on a good brand to get like Bohning or Norway or Redhead. I am also putting some new wraps and lumenoks on the back I think they are going to look great for next season. Thanks
Old 02-01-2008, 01:05 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Help Me Pick New Vanes

Nothing wrong with feathers, either. They'll be on my arrows come Fall.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Blazers are the way to go. Ive tried them all and found no reason not to use blazers. That is for hunting purposes. They are the most durable vane ive ever used. Ive got a few arrows that have been through several animals and never need to be revaned.

GMMAT
Feathers are great too, i use them on all my trad bows. Just make sure you either use turkey feathers or spray your chicken feathers with silicon spray so moisture doesnt cause them to fold up. Heck, you need them for trad bows because a shelf or knuckle will eat up a vane in no time.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:13 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm gonna use them on my compound, too, Burnie.

5" hard right helical. I've been using Gateways....but will be buying true flights when the time comes round again.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-01-2008, 01:39 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Everyone that I know, that shoots Blazers, absolutely loves them. Groups got tighter, arrows fly more true. I shoot the 3" Quick Spins, and they are great. Have them on my Carbon Expres Mazimas 350s.
How are the quick spins now. When they first came out i tested the 4" and hated them. Loud, slowed the arrow, and were not durable at all. If they ever touched anything, they wrinkeled. The loud and slowing my arrow was enough for me to never give them a second chance. With that said, i thinik they would make a great target arrow with the exception of the durability. Tight groups could cause a problem. They do spin the arrow well, but you do lose speed because of it.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

The new QS Speed Hunter ST's, Blazers, or Razr feathers are all good choices.

I prefer the feathers

Dan

Old 02-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

Blazers are the way to go.
x2
Old 02-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not to hijack the thread, but for everyone who recommends Blazers, how big of an arrow with they stabilize? I currently shoot 2315's...538gr (I'm assuming these would be too big for them), but I'm looking at different carbon options and I was just wondering if there was a size (either weight or diameter)limit for what the Blazers could stabilize.

Thanks
Old 02-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

Man it seems that alot of people like the Blazers.

Quick Reply: Help Me Pick New Vanes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.